Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Marquis Hotel(Torquay)
2,160 results
All reviewsbeefeater restaurantcar parksea frontsea viewpay and displayair conmain buildingfamily roomexcellent locationreception stafflarge roomtown centreprincess theatrestayed here for nightsgood nights sleepshort breakexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Spent a nigth at the Premier Inn in Torquay and it was great - as always when I stay at the Premier Inn. Service was fab and breakfast was great. Clean and nice throughout.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Very basic accommodation though clean. The problem with the Premier Inn is the lack of proper soundproofing between rooms. It is impossible to get a full night's sleep. Also the overspill car park is incredibly expensive. The Premier Inn has a large car park but this was generally full by mid afternoon. If you are going to arrive after noon, make sure you bring extra change to pay for parking because it is over £7 for 24 hours. It is very cheap to stay here and generally you get what you pay for. Frankly I wish I had spent the extra on a better hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This Premier Inn is in a very good location right by the sea. Reception day staff were charming cheerful and very helpful. Our room was changed from a ground floor room to one overlooking the sea with absolutely no trouble. Small problem with the bathroom was the smell of damp shower curtain and a faint whiff of urine. But reception said they would look into it, as we didn't report it until we booked out.Parking was very limited indeed and in fact when we got back to the hotel at 9.30pm there were no parking spaces at all. Spoke to the night porter who was not interested, said we would have to park in the council car park and pay! Also not interested when I couldn't work the vending machine, even argued with me and said I had pressed the wrong number, then tried to give the unwanted item to my husband! Customer service very lacking there! Breakfast staff were also very cheerful and helpful. I found the breakfast very good with a very varied choice of items. On the whole a clean comfortable well appointed hotel, and good value for money. We enjoyed our stay there and will go back.

Room Tip: Huge corner rooms on second floor of the new part and a very good view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I have been staying at Premier Inns very often recently for work and would rate most as good, one or two as awful and this one as exceptional!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed two nights in August 2011 as part of a tour of Devon and Cornwall. Mom and Dad plus lanky teenager !

Was quite expensive at £140 a night but this was prime season and the rate was still better than many B&Bs in Torquay for the same period.

The hotel has a very fine location, and is a quite impressive old building. The car park seems to always be full, so I parked on the council car park behind the hotel at the cost of a tenner per 24 hours.

Check in was efficient, and reception was efficient and comfortable. Our room was spacious and respectably appointed with an LCD TV, tea-making facilities and a small wardrobe.

Main bed comfortable but quite small: double rather than queen or king sized. On arrival the bed for my son was not pulled out or made up. It took a couple of calls to reception before the night manager eventually came out to do this for us.

Only one bath towel and one hand towel per room is not enough when three folks are staying. Again a call to reception bought a second set.

Room was respectably quiet despite being at street level, and we had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was something of a scrum in the morning, not unexpected since the hotel seems to be chock full of families. As usual at Premier inns the breakfast repast was plentiful and varied.

The hotel is very well located for exploring Torquay on foot, and we walked many miles during our stay.

Despite the premium price tag during our high season-stay I could find little to fault in the Premier Inn Torquay, and will surely stay there again when I have need. Clean, comfortable and with a good night's sleep, this hotel has everything needed in a holiday hotel IMO. recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family