This is one of the better Premier Inns I have stayed in. The location is superb with only a short walk to the beach and 15 minutes to the harbour. As it was our wedding anniversary I managed to find the hotel's email address and asked for a nice room. Room 231 was perfect. A good size and a lovely sea view overlooking the beach. Watch out if you have a 'lie-in' though as the housekeeping staff leave at about 1pm so your room may not get cleaned. Let reception know when you do finally get out as they may be able to get it cleaned for you.
As the hotel, bar and restaurant are very popular it is advisable to book if you intend to have a meal in the restaurant and be prepared to wait as they can't seem to handle busy times. We had to wait about an hour for our main course (no starter) however we were given some free chips and when the food did arrive it was well worth the wait. I had a rare sirloin and my wife had the ribs - excellent choices.
We didn't bother with breakfast as there are many places in the harbour to eat breakfast and a lot cheaper than £7.99 each.
We paid £105.00 for 2 nights using their Premier Saver offer.Not bad for a 'room with a view'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a listed building set on the glorious Torquay coastline, with amazing views of the English Riviera ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Torquay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Torquay Hotel Torquay
- Premier Inn Torquay Hotel Devon