Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Marquis Hotel(Torquay)
2,164 results
All reviewsbeefeater restaurantcar parksea frontsea viewpay and displayair conmain buildingfamily roomexcellent locationreception stafflarge roomtown centreprincess theatrestayed here for nightsgood nights sleepshort breakexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is one of the better Premier Inns I have stayed in. The location is superb with only a short walk to the beach and 15 minutes to the harbour. As it was our wedding anniversary I managed to find the hotel's email address and asked for a nice room. Room 231 was perfect. A good size and a lovely sea view overlooking the beach. Watch out if you have a 'lie-in' though as the housekeeping staff leave at about 1pm so your room may not get cleaned. Let reception know when you do finally get out as they may be able to get it cleaned for you.
As the hotel, bar and restaurant are very popular it is advisable to book if you intend to have a meal in the restaurant and be prepared to wait as they can't seem to handle busy times. We had to wait about an hour for our main course (no starter) however we were given some free chips and when the food did arrive it was well worth the wait. I had a rare sirloin and my wife had the ribs - excellent choices.
We didn't bother with breakfast as there are many places in the harbour to eat breakfast and a lot cheaper than £7.99 each.
We paid £105.00 for 2 nights using their Premier Saver offer.Not bad for a 'room with a view'

Room Tip: Email or call the hotel directly.
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Second time we've stayed at this hotel , first time in the new part ( hard beds ) was told older part may have softer beds , well so asked for a room on the older part and I can now say if you want a nice soft comfy bed go else where. Beds in both rooms very firm.
Booked breakfast for the following morning , what a complete shambles , people stood around having to wait for items too be cooked , not enough cooked each time , only 1 tea /coffee machine another que . Familys allowing small children to go get their own hot cooked breakfast , some even had a job too reach over the counter which was only wide enough for 2 people to stand side by side .
As for the restaurant booked a meal the night before , had to send food back as under cooked , when recooked the meal was nice though.
This was not the first time either , been to the restaurant 4 times in total and on 2 of these occasions have had to send food back , I must be unlucky .
Premier inn was expensive as had too pay an extra £16 for breakfast for the 2 of us , plus room £71 could have got a B & B a lot cheaper and had my breakfast included and brought to my table with no hassel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I recently booked a room for this hotel over the phone after trying to contact the hotel on many occasions, I was put through to a premier inn booking line. I had tried to book online but it would only let me add 2 children to my booking, the lady on the phone was polite (on reflection obviously had no knowledge about any hotels she was booking people into unfortunately) and made my booking and i was told to contact the hotel to ammend guests to 3 children. After another 2 days of trying to contact the hotel someone finally answered, i was then informed that this premier inn only allows 2 children per room. As my children are 8, 4 and 7months i do not feel happy with having them in 2 rooms and being separate from my partner, this was after all supposed to be a family break (and i feel this would be a complete nightmare for single parents) I think it is shocking that Premier inn advertise themselves as family friendly!! My booking has now had to be cancelled, although im sure thay would of happily left me misinformed of its small family only policy till we had arrived!! Advice for anyone going to Torquay.... spend the extra few pennies and book at The Grand Hotel, its definately worth it, they will welcome you and your children even if its more than 2!!! Shame on you Premier Inn...Family friendly??!!!! obviously not!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sally841
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you

Reviewed 17 February 2012

£58.00 per night was too expensive for the room we had, the breakfast was too expensive - £7.99 all you can eat, or £4.95 for tea and croissant. Otherwise it was OK - clean and reasonably comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for what you want - I thought I had booked a twin bedded room, but ended up with a double and a pull down
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This Premier Inn is in a fantastic and convenient location, just off the seafront and a 15 minute walk into Torquay. Guests receive a car park pass, so if you're staying in Torquay for the day, you don't need to worry about parkings fees.
It is easy to get to and from and suffers no traffic noise, whilst being in a picturesque spot (Premier Inn did very well in securing this property!)
The Beafeater restaurant is very good, as is the breakfast choice.
Rooms were spotlessly clean and fresh, with very good facilities, even down to now having a decent sized kettle for that first-thing cup of tea/coffee!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 600 range; second floor and you may even get a sea view.