“great location and great hotel”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
Ranked #18 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 23 August 2012

very easy check in, receptionist knew her stuff bit of banter about which room to have as we had 3 booked ,i was told mine was as good as anyone's 220 and i was nt disappointed room clean and spacious and very peaceful enjoyed it and as your right on the front its good for the beach or town ,went down to the bar had a few drinks and a meal bar tender KAREN absolute star, got everything sorted out with a smile ,hope they look after you there cause your very good at what you do,staff very friendly in all departments, you won't regret your stay here , only downside the food is nt that good but there s plenty of choice is this location

Room Tip: rooms 219 221 look over the park and good view of the harbour if you like a place for views the new...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,076)

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and 2 children. Got a family room in the new block at the side of the hotel. This hotel is in a perfect position in Torquay but was unfortunately let down by a couple of things. The room was smaller then we have stayed in before but was adequate for the time we spent in it. There was hardly any storage space for clothes for 4 people but again we managed with it only being for 3 nights. We paid to have our breakfast for the whole stay which was £8.25 per adult and the kids ate free. On the first morning, the cereal bowls were absolutely filthy. I must have gone through about 25 bowls before I reached a clean one which I then had to wipe with a serviette because the clean ones were for some reason wet. I told the waitress who then went through them and took about 50 bowls away to be re-cleaned and the others she just wiped round with her tea towel. The plates and mugs were exactly the same. I assumed this was a one off, but no, the next two mornings were exactly the same, bowls, plates and mugs were disgusting. We didn't get our moneys worth of breakfast because it completely put us off our food.
The other let down is the 4th bed in the family rooms. It is absolutely terrible. Our son couldn't get to sleep because it was so uncomfortable so my husband and I took it in turns to sleep on it. I know that in most hotels the 4th bed isn't a proper one but this was the worst one by far. We also ate in the restaurant every evening. The restaurant had a really nice feel to it and was well laid out. In our opinion, although the waiting time was longer than we are used to, the food was really nice and we got a free drink with our meals by using the emailed booking confirmation.
When I checked out and was asked if everything had been ok, I mentioned the dirty crockery and the terrible bed. I was given 1 nights refund (I was unaware of the 'good nights sleep' policy until it was mentioned on a survey I was asked to fill out on my return home) for the uncomfortable bed, and the receptionist called the restaurant manager to me who just took notes of my complaints about the cleanliness issue at beakfasts but there was no offer of any discount for the breakfast charges.
This hotel is in a beautiful location, the majority of staff are lovely and very accommodating, the room cleanliness is great and the food is good quality. Its such a shame it is let down by just a couple of issues.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kbar67
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in December 2011 whilst visiting family. The room was lovely and spacious and spotlessly clean. The location is fabulous, right on the seafront which the restaurant and bar overlooks. We had booked to take our guide dog (but ended up not taking him) - the receptionist was really disappointed that he wasn't with us! They had allocated us a room which was easy to get in and out from in light of booking with the dog, which was very thoughtful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Just stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. We were in the main hotel and we had a side view overlooking the park and with views of the sea. The rooms were clean and with the usual premier ammenities but is an old hotel with creaky floors and an unusual step to get into the bathroom. Downside was the restaurant, we were shown to the table by a young man who asked if we wanted drinks, my husband asked what beers they had and he was told they only had Tetley we later saw they had 3 other beers at the bar which he would have prefered. When we eventually got our meal the waitress never came back to see if the meal was ok or if we required any of the so called bottomless chips. After a long wait we eventually attracted someones attention and ordered desert which when we got this the custard was cold but we were too fed up to complain and paid the bill and left. We were not the only people unhappy that night the 8th August.
Premier inn you must do something about this restsurant as the rest if the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank yorkshirelass058
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Whilst in Tourquay on holiday at the end of July we visited the restaurant at Premier Inn, The Belgrave, We ordered, and after a 40 minute wait it arrived, It looked like it had been waiting the 40 minutes to be brought to our table. I had salmon with chips and broccoli, the salmon was dry and overcooked and burnt in places, broccoli was all stem, the floret on the end was no bigger than my little finger nail, 5 cold chips and this cost £11.99. My husband had chargrilled chicken again dry and over cooked with a similar amount of chips again £11.99. When we complained to the waitress who agreed with us it didnt look appetising she brought a supervisor who asked if we would like a replacement, when I mentioned the broccoli he said that is what broccoli is, i buy broccoli a lot never have i seen any so short of florets. By this time we were ready to just pay for our wine and go, but he insisted we should give them another try, 6 minutes later the food was in front of us, not as dried up but still not the quality you would expect at this price.We left without ordering a dessert fearing further disappointment.

Room Tip: As we didnt stay there I cannot comment on the rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sheila G
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed at the Premier Inn Torquay for one night in August. Situated right on the seafront and only a short stroll to the shops and habour. The hotel was very busy, as to be expected during school holidays. A friendly welcome from the reception upon arrival. Our room was situated in the new part of the building at the very back, which was quite a trek with all our baggage. The room was as expected as the Premier standard, clean, modern and comfortable. Now the down side, the room and corridor doors are all fitted with fire doors which is great, but they slam every time someone goes in or out of one, which was every few minuets as we were next to the stairs/lift and exit to the carpark. This went on till past midnight and then began again at six in the morning. It would be great if Premier could get someone to look at this to rectify this problem. So not such a great night sleep as you would expect as your good night guarantee Premier claims! We enjoyed our visit to Torquay.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of building had great views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

me, my husband our 3 children and 8 other memebers of my family stayed here for a week for our 1st wedding anniversary (got married at the grand hotel last year), and it was amazing, our room was in the new part and was massive, very clean, had good views of the beach, which was lovely to wake up too! plenty of choice for breakfast/lunch/dinner, everyone seemed friendly and helpful. will definately stay here again when we go back to torquay.

Room Tip: room 418 was massive.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family