“Very good...BUT..?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very good...BUT..?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with my stay, my room was nice and clean. I was staying in the new building ( 507) the view wasnt good but that doesn't bother me. The girl who cleaned my room was nice and friendly I think her name was lisa.
The only disappointment that I had was the house keeper who checks the rooms. Well she was in the corridor,i heard her radio go saying "susie" is such and such room ready or not , she replied by saying "for god sake I dont no"?. And then I think she was moaning to her self Because she saying for [--] sake im getting p***ed off with this place ect.? I think that was little unprofessional.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Forest Row, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Premier Inn in Torquay lives up to all it's promises as a place to stay and relax. There is aways someone available to offer a very friendly service. The room that we stayed in, which was in the annex area was very comfortable, clean, quiet and good size (with a bath to soak in), and was a short internal walk to the restaurant, bar and reception area. The bar and restaurant had good views over the bay.
The restaraunt was a Beefeater which had a varied menu and food the quality was very acceptable both for dinner and breakfast.
The hotel's location was just a short walk to all the delights of Torquay, and of course had ample parking spaces with CCTV security. It was also a very handy place to stay if you want to explore other places in Devon such as Paignton, Brixham and others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tracy_Osborne, Manager at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
The team here at Premier Inn Torquay always endeavour to deliver great service to our guests and we therefore very much appreciate when our guests write fantastic reviews about their stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your time in Torquay & look forward to welcoming you here again.
Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 Friday night. Friendly check in, rooms were of a higher standard than other Inns we've stayed at. Bar was busy as you would expect for a Friday night but service was quick and friendly. Booked a table for 8 in restaurant with food pretty good but made better with very good staff. This is a great location for Torquay and would recommend to friends. Overall an excellent experience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony B
Thank-you for your kind review of Premier Inn Torquay. We take pride in our high standards and great service to ensure our guests have an excellent stay, and I am pleased to hear that you had nice stay with us.
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Up to Premier Inn's high standards. Clean, new build with good sized rooms. Only 5 mins walk to centre of town along a lovely prom. Good and reasonably priced accommodation. Parking voucher can be claimed from reception on arrival so no parking costs involved. Well worth a visit.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank-you for your kind comments about your stay at Premier Inn Torquay, we look forward to welcoming you here again soon!
Guernsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed here before but quite a long time ago the hotel hasn't changed a lot it is still very good the staff are excellent I could not fault them in any way , nothing was too much trouble they were just as staff should be ! At first I was given a room in the new section which was along walk away from the main building up along corridor ,it was inside but when you are over 80 not recommended ,I complained and was given a close room in the main building ,the room was much better but the heating was very hit and miss that is the only reason for me not giving the hotel 5 stars ,will definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: I think the old building better than the new one .
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

we arrived late at night to celebrate my brothers 50th the following day.. after a 3 hour journey we were greeted by happy friendly staff, as we were the last guests to check in I had a gut feeling we would be given "the room that no one wants" how wrong were we???? we had the best room I have ever stayed in, it was huge, my kids were dancing around with joy, what a great start to our celebrations .. after unpacking our bags, we made our way to the bar to meet my parents, who were also staying there.. we had a light snack as they served food until 11pm.. this was fab, it was dampened a bit by the trainee who served us, just think he needed a bit more customer service training as he was a little abrupt in his manner isms..
After a very good nights sleep, we woke up to a glorious day, we opened our curtains to a spectacular sea view
Breakfast in the beefeater was the best we have ever had, great choice & help yourself to the hot food, rather than being served, which is what we have had at other premiers,staff were great too
This hotel is wonderful, I would highly recommend, it is in a great location, with easy parking, friendly staff, great food, very clean, & a easy, lovely walk to the town & harbour
Well done premier inn Torquay, can't wait to return, I want to move there
I'd love to tell everyone about our amazing room, but I can't, otherwise you will all want it !!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank shelleys568
Tracy_Osborne, Manager at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank-you for your fantastic review of our Premier Inn here in Torquay. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a great experience during your stay with us, and we look forward to you visiting us again soon.
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The staff were friendly and nothing was to much trouble, the room was large and very clean the bed was very comfortable and the room temperature was easy adjustable. The location is great it is just a short walking distance from the shops and many cafe's and bars. I can't think of anything negative to say would have no problem recommending this Premier Inn to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy_Osborne, Manager at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank-you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at Premier Inn Torquay. The team here strive to exceed our guests expectations and I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you here again soon.