We stayed in this Premier Inn in August and it lived up to the usual Premier Inn standards.
We had stayed here a few years ago when it was the Belgrave Hotel and on walking past, while on holiday in Paignton and seeing it was now a premier inn ,we just had to go inside to have a nosy around.On checking the prices and availability(£70 per room per night)we ended up booking 2 nights for the end of that week!
Check-in is strictly from 2pm but you can register your car and get a ticket for free parking in the pay & display car park in the hotel grounds.This is also used by the general public so was always full.We managed to get a parking space by arriving at the time when most guests were checking out after breakfast.
Receptionists were very friendly and efficient.
There was only 1 lift and a couple of times it was out of order when we went to use it.
Our room was large and spacious with the usual comfy beds, hairdryer, tea & coffee etc.
The only problem we had was with the net curtain rail which kept falling off each time you touched the curtains.
There were some stag & hen parties staying there at the time & there was a lot of fighting in the corridor outside our room about 3am for 40 mins and it was quite scary as there wasn't a telephone in the room.The next morning when we mentioned it,we were told that the hotel policy is not to accept stag/hen parties,but these had slipped through their system.
We had a meal in the restaurant the first night,which was nice.
The following night we had bar meals in the bar area and there was more of it for less price!
The hotel is nice and modern and in a really good position on Torquay seafront,facing Abbey sands.It is also right next to the gardens by Torre Abbey.
We didn't have good weather as it rained the whole time,but I should imagine that when the weather is good,it would be nice sitting on the terrace or in the gardens having a drink and looking at the views.
We will certainly stay here again when in Torquay as it is real value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a listed building set on the glorious Torquay coastline, with amazing views of the English Riviera ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Premier Inn, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Premier Inn Torquay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Torquay Hotel Torquay
- Premier Inn Torquay Hotel Devon