“Excellent service and welcoming staff”
Review of TLH Carlton Hotel

TLH Carlton Hotel
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and welcoming staff”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We were lucky enough to stay in an apartment which was and very clean and comfortable all of the staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome. The food was good both in choice and quality, i would not hesitate recomending this group of hotels

• Stayed March 2011
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Carlton Hotel and your recommendation.

The self-catering apartments we have at the Carlton are a great alternative choice of accommodation and give you the flexibility to take meals in the Restaurant and still use all of the great facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
wales
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Dancing friends had told us about the THL chain and recommended the chain. My husband and I booked for the beginners Argentine tango 3 night in Feb 2011 (only booked 2 weeks prior to event). We went on our own and this was our first dancing weekend and only 3rd time away without children! I will definitely book with this Hotel chain again. We stayed at the 3* Carlton Hotel.
Good clean accommodation, staff at the restaurant excellent and very helpful and friendly. Hotel not too far from sea front, great for walking and visting other places nearby.
Excellent value, as BB & EM, all tution all included - lovely ballroom, use of all the facilities / entertainment within the hotel chain.
We had superb teachers Fernando Guidi and Elaine. We both loved the lessons and the music. We met some really lovely people at this event, most had ballroom background (we were Salsa) but all were beginners to argentine tango.
The dancing involved 2 hrs tution every morning after breakfast (10 -12), practice session for 1hr before the evening meal and then recap and more practice form 8.30-11.30pm.
My only complaint was the hotel would not send me the itinerary for the weekend unless I booked but I contacted Fernado via email and he sent me the itinerary - I needed to see what I was paying for and timings etc.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Thank you for your review of you dance break at the Carlton Hotel and Spa.

The Learn to Argentine Tango weekend was a great success and great value. The instructors were excellent and the feedback from participants was very positive and I am pleased to say it will run again next February over the Valentines weekend. A great romantic break with a partner.

You are correct in highlighting the issue with the itinerary and I will ensure that on future learn to dance holiday this is made available on our website and on request.

Thank you once again for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We went to Torquay to visit family & also to take our 3yr old to see the Fireman Sam at the Princess Theatre by the harbour. We already knew of the Carlton Hotel & stayed there before but about 6yrs ago. we enjoyed it then & really enjoyed this time aswell. The room was great nice & spacious, double & a single with a sofabed aswell. Very clean, although a bit noisey from road traffic as situated on the front of the hotel. The staff were excellent, very polite & accommadating. The facilities of the whole complex were fab, our 3yr old really enjoyed swimming & down in the arcade, where they have a soft play facility (struggled to get him to leave!). If we go down to Torquay again we are definately gonna stay there again. First class!! (Wish we had longer so I could of used the spa - next time I will!)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and the 5 star overall rating!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and happy to read that you will definitely choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Torquay. Hopefully next time you can take advantage of our great Elemis Spa and indoor Health and Leisure facilities.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Our 4th trip to tlh but first staying at the Carlton which I have to say is a very comfortable hotel. We had a Riveria Front family room for 5 and it was very spacious and clean with a great view of the Sea. The facilities as usual were great and most of our time was spent in the Aztec pool (my only complaint is that we had to pay £1.00 per swimming towel which I felt as a hotel guset should have been provided free of charge).
The hotel restaurant was of better standard than the victoria where we stayed previously and our children were able to choose from the main menu which was good as they get fed up with the chicken nuggets usually on offer, and their portions were almost the same size as the adults which was great for growing boys! the waitress was very attentive and good with the children (only complaint was the time it took the wine waiter to get to the table for us to place a drinks order.
Breakfast offered us a great selection for everyone and we had lunch in the Albert bar which was good value for money under £6.00 for a main meal!
The children love the Toby club just a shame that they only take kids upto 9 years as we were left with one child to entertain!
Lovely break and we will return most deffinately to the Carlton Hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your half term break at the Carlton Hotel.

It is great for me to read such positive feedback about the facilities and service we offer our guests, not only adults but also the whole family. I will ensure my team read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2011

i booked this 2 night midweek break for myself and my husband when he arrived back from a 6 month tour in afghanistan. After reading the reviews I was happy that we would have a good stay and enjoy the spa treatments included in the package I booked. Upon arrival, I cannot fault the reception staff, friendly, helpful and had all the information we asked, and as a rule this was the same of all the staff.
The room was immacualate as was the rest of the hotel complex. All the staff we talked were polite and chatty and gave a wonderfully relaxed yet professionally run feel to the hotel and facitilies.
The food was gorgeous with a good choice at both the evening meal and breakfast meal. The waitress we had and the wine waiter were both attentive without being itrusive.
We had also booked spa treatments which were of exceptional value and enjoyment for the price we paid for this midweek break. Although price was not the reason for us booking this break, we will definately look at coming back again in the future and will be recommending it to friends and family.
Although we did not bring our children with us this time, we have seen families here and the facitilies certainly lean themselves to family stays so we would not rule this out in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2011
Thank you for your review of The Carlton Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed yourselves, especially in the circumstances of your partners return from Afghanistan, which made the break even more special for you both.

Our midweek Spa breaks are very popular all year round, but particularly so around Valentines. This is something we will definitely repeat next year.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you both again.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We visited this hotel for a weekend as it was my friends birthday and mine in a few weeks. I use a wheelchair as I have walking difficulties. Even though the hotel didn't have disabled rooms we were given a ground floor room. They also didn't have shower cubicles only baths however, they supplied a swivel bath seat which suited fine. The whole complex was ramped but there were a few steps to get into pool and spa. The spa was entered via the pool area as it was in the basement. Overall all was done to make us feel welcome and nothing was a problem. We would certainly go again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I am happy to read that you had a great stay with us at the Carlton Hotel and Spa.

It is also pleasing to read how well my team looked after your requirements by providing equipment and advice to make your stay more comfortable.

We are continually upgrading the complex to improve disabled access and facilities and this will be on going. We are currently reviewing the option of creating a fully disabled adapted room at the Carlton Hotel and I would hope this is something we can introduce in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Good food. Great pool. Bedrooms too hot though. Had to leave window open constantly.

• Stayed February 2011
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.