TLH Carlton Hotel
US$126
US$116
US$161
US$248
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$78
The Imperial Torquay(Torquay)
US$128
US$103
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$104
PremierInn.com
All reviewsaztec spaspa weekendaztec bistroline danceleisure complexevening entertainmentstarlight loungesoft playgames roomother hotelssteam roomoutdoor poolrestaurant staffhalf term breakriviera roomfamily roomten pin bowling
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Spent 4 nights here attending the Bellyspa weekend last week,our second visit and just as good as the first,
Rooms can get a bit hot when weather is good but opening windows helped-might take a fan next time,rooms were spacious,ours was on second floor and overlooked main entrance so there was some noise but not enough to be a problem.
Faclities at the hotel were excellent,and restaurant staff could not do enough to help,(special mention to our waitress Barbara and restaurant manager Steve)
Within easy walking distance of shops marina and beach
All in all an enjoyable weekend,which I would nt hesitate to repeat.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anji P
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel on business for two nights. It is very much a "coach tour" hotel, and both nights I was there I was woken up at approx 0600 by the sound of people coming and going outside. Perhaps this was because the window was open, however if it had been closed I think I would have died from the heat!
The pool, spa and Aztec Bistro are nice and give the hotel a sense of class, however I agree with a previous reviewer that the rooms feel dated. The hotel was also very very hot which wasn't great, especially on the hot days that I was there last week.
Breakfast on day 1 was good, however on day 2 I dined later (approx 0930) and the bacon was inedible - chewy and dried up. The eggs also looked as though they had been sitting there all morning.
Most of the staff seemed friendly, however one of the breakfast waitresses was rather abrupt when telling me where I could or could not sit.
Hotel complex is a bit of a maze...you can end up going the wrong way quite easily, especially between the TLH complex.

Room Tip: Back of hotel! We were above the car park - very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank beanstalkgirl
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was definitely a lovely surprise! I went with a group of friends for a hen party - the staff were excellent and really accommodating! The pool area was lovely, with a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The Spa was amazing and so relaxing!!! As we booked on a special package, we got bed, breakfast and dinner, a spa treatment, a Zumba class and access to all the facilities for £130 for 2 nights - which is excellent value for money! The hotel is close to town, about a 10-15 minute walk to town and even closer to the beach.
The breakfast was a buffet style and delicious. The dinner was also lovely, with good food choices and amazing desserts!!
The only downside to the hotel is the rooms - they are quite rundown and could really do with updating. They had everything you needed - TV, kettle facilities, hairdryer, etc.. and for the price you can't really complain but they just need a bit of modernising. The duvet covers were old looking, carpet grubby and the bathroom needed a good scrub. This didn't really matter as we were celebrating most of the time, but if I was with my partner I would have wanted a nicer room.
Overall, it was a lovely hotel and excellent value for money!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JS2209
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Lots of things to do at the complex. Food in the Aztec bar is fab and very reasonable in price. Mike the Aztec Manager was great made us feel very welcome. Even came to see us go home. Hi Mikey!!!! Haha keep up the good work everyone x

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great for short break. Staff lovely. Good value, dinner brilliant and Spa deal well worth it. Handy to walk along front and taxis not too dear to get back. Went for hen spa weekend and def going back with my friends again.

Room Tip: Very hot and so room hot too. Some managed to get fans put in rooms, we were too late!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends