“What a great Christmas”

and 1 more site!
TLH Carlton Hotel
Ranked #31 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We had a great time during our stay at the Carlton. We have been several times during the summer, but never at Christmas and it is well worth a visit. Plenty of fantastic food and entertainment and the service in the restsurant is second to none. We ranged from age 6 to 86 in our party of eight & we all had a fantastic break. Our front facing bedrooms were clean & spacious as was the rest of the hotel. The use of all the 4 hotel areas gave plenty of variety & the indoor pools gave us a chance to work off some of that food. Thank you TLH. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2010
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2011

Thank you for the review of your Christmas break at the Carlton Hotel.

It is great to read that you all had an excellent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2010

Stayed here for the first time on a Tinsel & Turkey weekend with some friends. The price was excellent for what it included: bed, food, entertainment and use of hotel facilites. The rooms were spotlessly clean, spacious, and very warm. The food was excellent and waitress very friendly and helpful. The entertainment was very good most of the time and I had a great time using the pool, sauna, steam room and jaccuzzi (all free). Will deffinately by going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2010

Many thanks for sharing your experience on trip advisor. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your break with us.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2010

Couldn't fault the hotel - from the cheeriness of the staff, cleanliness of the bedroom (bathroom was spotless), tastiness of the food and overall high standard of service. The facilities of the hotel are impressive - massive indoor and outdoor pools, wonderful spa, huge games room, indoor bowls etc etc - in fact I hesitate to write more in case it sounds like a sales brochure. It isn't - what it is is a serious recommendation to anyone looking for a lovely, affordable hotel in Torquay. They've just found it!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wade3

Thank you your review about The Carlton Hotel and Spa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel so much and that you are highly recommending us.

Reviewed 11 November 2010

The service and amenities were second to none.
We found that by booking treatments before arrival we saved 15% and didn't waste a single moment of our weekend break.
The land train was a fun way to see the town, but don't use if you are in a rush as it is definately the slow train.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful; the only negative was on the day of departure the cleaning staff were pushing to get into the room before check out time and some members of the group said they had gone back to their room to find it being cleaned before they had finished packing!

• Stayed: November 2010
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Carlton Hotel and Spa.

I am so pleased to read such positive comments about the hotel and staff and I am glad you had a chance to recharge your batteries.

I am also pleased you took advantage of the great offer of 15% off Elemis Spa treatments if you book before arrival, hopefully on your next visit you maybe able to take advantage of our 2 for 1 spa break offer running until the end of February.

Reviewed 11 November 2010

We were on a trip with about 50 of us! The hotel catered well considering the numbers, especially with the treatments, where most extra boolkings were catered for. The leisure complex was lovely and luxurious!

I don't want to sound negative, bu there are a few minor points I would like to mention.
As I travelled alone to get there, I would have liked to have seen some directions to the Carlton, when outside the Toorak and Derwent. I had to call for directions. The car park was a little difficult, as the whole time I was there I was unable to park on the grounds, and had to park in a side street a few hundred yards away. Cosequently, I was worried the whole time about the safety of my car. I missed the talk about food on the Friday, but I understand it was quite short and rushed. Perhaps the person doing the talk could take more time.

Overall, I thouroughly enjoyed the weekend! Excellent value for money, and I am considering organising a weekend there for my family!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on trip advisor.

I am pleased you had a great time and hope to welcome you again with your family.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed for two days during the school holidays. The staff are so helpful and friendly they really cant do enough for you.There were 3 adults and one child. I had a very good rate dinner bed and breakfast. The food is of the highest quality and equivalent to a top restaurant. There is so much to do within the complex all day long for adults and children. If the weather is bad that is absolutely no problem. Children are entertained all day at a kids club and then on the evening there is cabaret and bingo. I will stay in this complex again. I cannot fault anything at all. If you want to go into the town or harbour it's a 15 minute walk or the motorised train stops outside the front door and you can pay a fare and hop on and off as you like. Rooms are all clean and tidy.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2010

Many thanks for sharing your feedback on trip advisor and your recommendation to others.

I am really pleased to read you had a great stay with us and in particular how my team looked after you so well and the quality of the food and Restaurant service.

Reviewed 26 October 2010

Very nice food in the evening and helpful, cheerful staff. Swimming pool
good for children but locker area needs some attention.
Rooms very clean and comfortable. Had a lovely holiday and would
definately rebook.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Carlton Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again