“family feast an absolute must!”
Review of Camelot Restaurant - CLOSED

Camelot Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We visited Camelot on the off chance last Thursday after swimming at Waves pool and we were not let down!

We had a walk through the town centre and came across the strip of restaurants/bars/cafes and immediately the "family feast" sign outside Camelot caught our eye.

We were a party of four - two adults, one seven year old and a fifteen year old. We were greeted by a friendly young waiter as soon as we entered and he said we can sit wherever we liked (it wasn't busy when we entered) we sat near the bar area - as we sat down we were immediately asked if we would like drinks.

We decided to go ahead with the family feast deal - £22.95 for the following items: Turkey dinosaurs, sausages, a full rack of ribs, half a roast chicken, loads of chips, salad and chunky bread. The meal was not to disappoint - the meat fell from the bone and tasted beautiful! The best touch was that to keep with the medieval theme through the restaurant our food was served on a platter and we were each provided with large, chrome plates to eat our food from.

The waiter could not have been better - we were constantly asked if everything was OK and checking if we wanted more drinks.

Great value for money and happiness all around with the variety of food included in this deal.

Thank you once again for a great feast :-)

1  Thank 500Louise

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my four year old and husband. We ordered one of special sharing meals which we really enjoyed. The service great. The only downside for me was that the restaurant smelt a bit stale and toilets were not particularly clean.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We have been going to the Camelot every year for the last 10 years each time we go to Torquay. Unfortunately this time we were very disappointed. They hard run out of a few things on the menu that we wanted. The chicken came out warm as opposed to hot. The salad was limp and uninviting.
My nephew ordered lamb shank and was still hungry as the meals seem to be a lot smaller than they used to be.
We were the only people in there at 8.00 on a Sunday evening but felt they were waiting to shut.
We really looked forward to going and as a group of 8 were very disappointed,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My Husband took me there for a birthday meal as we hadn.t been for a while
greeted by a very friendly waitress chatty and fun
we ordered our food and didn't have to wait very long but i did laugh as i ordered the whole chicken i thought it would be a small little thing no it was a flipping large thing i cried laughing but i did it justice with the hunters sauce lovely Chris had a mixed grill well it was fantastic as it has his favorite on Kidneys
its a great place to go for a special meal we wont wait too long again
thank you again for a wonderful evening we shall be recommending our guests to go there
Chris and Ann Ashfield Guest House Torquay

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My salmon had a nice cream sauce with shrimp and it was delicious. My only criticism of the shrimp topping was the shrimp were a tad overcooked. It doesn't take long to cook shrimp and it's very easy to overcook it. Other than that, the salmon was some of the best I've eaten.

My poor husband ordered BBQ Chicken & ribs and it was awful. It's just not the same as the BBQ he is used to eating in the U.S., so I blame him. :-) A beautiful steak came out of the kitchen while he was eating his and I told him.... You should have ordered the steak. Their menu has a lot of steak choices. That should have been a clue to order steak.