“Don't let standards slip...”
Review of Balti Garden India - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Balti Garden India
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We ordered a delivery at 530 and was told it would be 45 mins.... However even after a call, the food arrived 2 hrs later!!!!! Lovely food but need to sort out delivery times. Was also told no chapatti when ordered...not the best for a 530pm order...god knows what it was like later on in evening. Hope they don't slip into bad habits like other takeaways.

3  Thank readit101

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Have eaten many takeaways and in the restaurant twice now and have never been disappointed. Service is great and the food is even better. I think I have eaten in every indian restuarant in town and both me and my partner agree that this one is by far the best.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We had a fab meal on Friday and had a takeaway on Saturday, it was that good! Nice to see That Miahs has taken over the Balti Garden. I can definately recommend the Ceylon...perfect. The delivery came at the time stated, which I find rare as usually you can add an extra half hour on! There was free rice, so the meal was vey reasonably priced. This will definately be our new Indian regular now, thank you .

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We have ordered from the Balti Garden on a handful of occasions on www.justeast.co.uk and had good food delivered promply, and generous portions so we decided to order from there yesterday via the telephone, and our experience this time was less than satisfactory.
Firstly when we went in the restaurant on the way home to pick up a menu we asked if delivery was free and was told it was. Later when I checked the total I discovered the £1 delivery charge had been added, not a big deal on it's own though.
When I rang up to order the lady greeted me, then proceeded to take an order for someone who had walked into the restaurant without explaining she was putting the line down, very rude. When she called me back to take a payment she didn't bother to explain to me that they used the same phone line for calls as for card payments, so the phone started making weird noises, and then hung up, without the woman saying bye or thats it.
The order took almost an hour to deliver, despite it being straight forward and the property being within a stones throw of the restaurant. A two minute walk at the most. There was no word of apology for the wait from the gent delivering.
The food cost almost £20, and if you allow for the fact that the (tiny) portion of rices were free, we got very little for our money. Two non generous curry portions and a naan bread.
At the end of the meal there was a lot of water on the plate, not something I've had before from meals here, and it made the last few mouthfuls very unenjoyable.
For the cost of takeaway this has to be better, guys at Balti Garden

2  Thank Rob W
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Owner created off-menu dish to cater for diabetic customer - can't praise highly enough. We ate there twice and enjoyed every mouthful. Very helpful staff and very knowledgeable on local issues and sights. Highly recommended.