“Try it”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Solihull, England
“Try it”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Surroundings not much to shout about but the food is.

cardiff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best indian restaurant ever”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

without a doubt this has 2 be the best indian restaurant ive ever been to in my life and ive been to quite a few around the world haveing but nothing can match up to the standed of this place. the curry they do here is full of flavour when i ask 4 my chiken tikka to be very sweet it allways has been 1st class service and the only indian i know where they sell bangla bottled beer which has a lovely flavour top stars all round 4 this place and cant wait to get back to torquey 4 my next meal in here.

Torquay
“Great India Food”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This is one of the best Indian restaurants in Torquay. My wife and I had a special offer of 2 for 1 and the food was first class. I have been around the world in my last profession and tasted some good and some bad but this has to be one of the best. Quality food at a great price.

Torquay
“One of the best”
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We have lived in Torquay for over 30 years and tried almost all the local Indian restaurants and this is one of the best Indian restaurants in the area, What it lacks in size it makes up for in good food and nice staff, we have tried almost all the items on the menu and never once been disapointed. Handy tip if you going to visit this restaurant take some coins as all the local parking is metered

London
“Awful - Tomato Ketchup Is Their Idea of an Authentic Rogan Josh!!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I'm quite a conoisseur of of authentic Indian/Pakistani food - been eating the real thing in Southall for 15 years - a market aimed at the Asian palette not the English. I've also eaten a lot of real Asian food in Asain homes. I did not however have the same high expectations for ths or this place, nor did I even judge it on them - had I done so it would be an even worse review! I expected less complexity and depth of spice and flavour and more aimed at the English market, but still tasty, edible and decent...... WRONG!

Meat chewy, poor quality and overcooked. Rice a measly amount of cheap quality stuff. I cannot remember what the chicken dish was but it was not good. The rogan however was laughable - it's supposed to contain medium spices in a rich tomato sauce with a hint of garlic. This one however tasted like tomato ketchup with a faint hint of curry powder! Diabolical. The food was just poor and bland full stop. Staff not too polite and helpful either. We popped in one night quite late, but it is a curry house and they cater for that. They let us in anyway so should have been prepared to serve us and let us eat wihtou constant harrassing to get us out the door. Instead they seated us, got us drinks, then rushed us into ordering. They also failed to give meaningful answers to questions on their dishes, regarding heat and spices used for example. Whatever we ate it did not fit the descripton at all. Once we were eating they were trying to rush us out the door and kept hovering by and askign if we'd finsihed when we clearly had not. Terrible manners. It wasn't awful inside (but nothign great) nor was it that expensive, but in view of the attitude and poor quality food that marred these I've had to mark value and atmosphere low.

Unfortuneately I often succumb to having a curry in places where I know standards are not up to scratch, simply because I get desperate for one. I know it is not going to be as good as I m used to BUT I don't expect them to be THIS bad. Maybe in future should resist the urge and stick to them at home
There is distinct lack of good authentic Indian and Pakistani food in South Devon and yet there are plenty of curry houses and plenty of tourist and locals wanting to eat in them. My preferred local restuarant manger in Southall has family there and agrees with me. They are stuck in timewarp and seem to think everyone wnts to eat bland crap. Not so.

So A CALL TO ALL ASIAN FOOD CHEFS in South Devon - C'MON get your finger out and show people just how great your ethnic cuisine is and can be. You do your cuisine and the public a disservice otherwise so PLEASE start delivering authentic well cooked food.

2 Thank RoomWithAViewpoint