“A Good Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Torquay

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Torquay
Ranked #37 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
Swindon, United Kingdom
“A Good Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

A nice hotel, friendly staff and clean, rooms are a bit small and it was a very warm night which caused a problem as the windows are restricted on opening. Make sure you have £3 change as that's the daily parking charge. There is a bus stop across the road (number 12) which runs every 20 mins up to midnight (£1.80 return to town). I did not eat at the hotel but the food looked ok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Selby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very comfy bed for myself and my wife.very clean and tidy, friendly staff. The only bad points was it was a very warm night and the windows do not open wide enough, and the put up beds was not comfy at all. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Dan_j_b2014
Basingstoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

So we arrived at the travelodge, I went inside to check in and was greeted by Sophie who was lovely and very helpful talked me through everything about breakfast etc and gave me clear directions on how to get to the back carpark and where the ticket machine was. We had 2 rooms as there was 5 of us both rooms were large and spacious the room and bathroom were both extremely clean and nice neat crisp towels were layed ready for us to use. Very little noise around the hotel. We went to breakfast where we were greeted by Sophie who showed us where everything was explained that you can eat as much as you like, the cooked breakfast was delicious it was fresh and very hot there was tomato, sausage, bacon, beans and scrambled egg, toast, lots of different types of cereal, grapefruit and orange segments m, granola, croissants and muffins then juices and hot drinks, as soon as we were finished with our played they'd be cleared away the chef was very friendly too as were 2 other males I'm not too sure on names. One of the nicest things about out stay was the fact the staff were so friendly and chatty we had a good chat with the security guard when we came back from our night out they all seem like they enjoy their jobs, also the hotel is very local we walked down to the sea front and into the town taking us between 20-30 minutes.
We really enjoyed our stay and looking forward to visiting again soon!
Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Giantjellyfish
Filey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

On a family holiday. Two minute walk from railway station. Stayed at lots of Travelodges and this one of my favourites. Parking at front and back but honestly loads of spaces around hotel with no restrictions. Parking in hotel only £3 a day so cheap. Rooms very clean and large. It was very hot but fans available. Staff very helpful nothing too much trouble. Only down side breakfast can get hectic if you time it wrong but to be fair it is kinda school holidays so to be expected. Paid £147 for 6 nights for two adults two kids so bargain. Tip book breakfast in advance I did not book at time of booking and then tried to book it the following month. No chance I rang several people they will not let you for some reason which cost an extra £6 per stay per person. Kids eat free so at £7.65 or thereabouts it works out ok. Would defiantly come again a nice hotel and excellent value for money

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sandland913
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Regular stays at Travelodge Torquay always good. Rooms clean & comfortable beds with excellent breakfast & friendly staff. Well located parking £3 day is ok we are retired and use bus to get about the 12 runs every few mins from front of hotel into town centre or on to Brixham avoids parking issues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank James E
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is basic but clean and all you really need as a base when you're out sight seeing all day. Convenient location but I think it's cheeky to make you pay to park there, especially when you aren't guaranteed a space as there are more rooms than parking spaces. Had to park on the road twice during my stay, which I don't like doing. Didn't eat or buy drinks so can't comment on that aspect. All was ok, until 5pm on the Friday, when what sounded like half of Magaluf descended on the hotel. Young lads with all of their room doors open along the corridor and one moron in a room at the end of the corridor blaring music out for them all to listen to. Seriously?! Apparently nobody gives a monkeys any more about anyone else. We didn't want to listen to the music, or their shouting and screaming like children, but were left with little choice. Luckily we were only showering and changing then going back out again for tea. I don't mind anyone having a laugh, but I don't want that kind of garbage imposed on me. Then at 3am, it all started again when they came back to the hotel plastered. We were getting up before 5am as we had a 5 hour drive home. I complained to the hotel and all I got was "Well, we've got a security guard" AND????? He was either deaf or asleep, or didn't want to challenge a group of young lads. Sad. I would probably stay again, but DEFINITELY NOT on a Friday or Saturday night (I assume that Saturdays would be the same). At least it's cheap!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonzandAd
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My daughter and I decided to go to Torquay as cheap as we could this year as we have a more expensive holiday coming up. On checking Torquay Travelodge I found that if we avoided Saturdays nights we could go very cheaply indeed, £178 !!! We booked in on a Sunday and left the following Saturday (6 nights). We had a family room for the 2 of us consisting of a king size bed and a single bed which were very comfortable, we slept very well. We did not want our room servicing but we were left supplies in a bag ouside our room twice. It was one of the updated Travelodges although I believe it has only been a Travelodge for 5 years and nothing like the original hotel ( I did stay when it was an hotel years ago) There are two cars parks but I think you do have to pay, we travelled by train and Torre station is 3 minutes up the road. Its is quite a walk into Torquay but there are two bus stops right outside the Travelodge with a regular bus service every 15 minutes. My daughter bought a weekly bus ticket for about £17 which we worked out at about £1 a journey over the 7 days. We joined our train going home at Torquay and the same bus takes us to the station.Of course the cost of the stay did not include food but as usual there is a cafe in the hotel which offers a good choice of food. We did choose to eat out but that was just our choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family