My friend and I had the privilege of staying at the Cary Arms in July 2013. We had actually not booked accommodations for this last leg of our trip; we would book when we got to Torquay area. I had lived in the area as a child so I was showing my friend the "English Riviera". We stopped in Babbacombe Beach and noticed the Cary Arms. We inquired and they had one room left; one of the end cottages. It was beautiful inside and the wrap around windows gave our a 180 degree view of the English Channel. The décor was lovely in crisp hues of blues, whites and sandy colours. The patio for dining was beautiful adorned by beautiful flowers and beautiful sunset views. The food was fabulous and the staff friend and with excellent service!! There is a spa at the hotel but unfortunately our travel time did not allow for an indulgence (this time!). It is definitely on our list to visit again; this time for a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon