nice old pub right on the waterfront with a lovely view across the bay. it fees like an Oasis from the rat race.
good points: Service is relaxed and unstuffy - in my opinion just right. the vibe is chilled. The food is excellent - i am pretty fussy And it Was the best i've eaten out in recent memory.
Not so good: the walls between our room and neighbours was THIN - we could hear the guy in the next room snoring all night and his dog growling. It didn't keep me awake but my partner struggled and found it difficult to sleep. to be fair i guess you wouldn't notice if you had a quiet neighbour! equally not all the rooms mate have sex in walls we had one call the "rear admiral". the surrounding area (within walking distance at least) is not particularly interesting as it mainly consists of Torquay's urban sprawl. there are some pretty coves to explore Right down the waterline.
OveraLl we enjoyed it. It was expensive but i would return after i have saved up a bit -:) next time i will definitely ask for A quietet a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon