Having been to the Cary Arms a few times when it was a pub, I was fascinated to know what had become of it since its conversion to boutique B&B. The drive down is very steep but the hotel car park is just above the steepest bit, which means a bit of a climb to get to the car. The greeting on arrival was friendly and efficient. The room (Fleet Admiral) was stupendous - spacious, excellent bathroom with separate bath and shower, but the crowning glory was the huge balcony with dual aspect views over Babbacombe bay and Teignmouth to one side and open sea to the other.
We were lucky enough to have perfect weather and were able to have breakfast on the terrace with great views on both mornings of our stay.
However, the location and accommodation would mean nothing if the staff were not as friendly and helpful as they were. In particular, the manager, Felicia, went out of her way to make us feel welcome - even offering to fetch my car when we left.
I can whole-heartedly commend the Cary Arms and will certainly stay there again whenever I come to Torquay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon