We have just returned from an all too short 2 night stay at the amazing 'Cary Arms' in beautiful Babbacombe.
From the minute we descended the step little road down to the Bay we were swept away by the beauty of the place. The lush treelined cliffs lead down to the most exquisite little bay where sail boats gently bob on the tide.
From the small pier a few fishermen try their luck for mackerel at high tide, while at low tide the children scuttle along the rock pools hopeful for crabs.
The Cary Arms nestle's into the scene - a vision of pristine white and naval blue enhanced by a rainbow of pansies, fuschia, daisies and palm trees!
The staff simply couldn't have been more helpful or delightful and the wonderful housekeeper Linda was an absolute mine of unbeatable local information and her warmth and beaming smile were a real tonic.
We cannot thank the lovely Michelle and the wonderful Chef enough for the delicious Brixham Crab, which as a special request he went out of his way to supply!
We were sad to leave, but we have taken away some wonderful memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon