My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend at the Cary Arms to celebrate our 5 year anniversary, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Having had very mixed experiences at UK hotels in the past (usually bad), and wondering if the cost of the room would really be worth it, we were sold by the website and the friendly response to queries over the phone, and decided to give the UK one last chance for a bank holiday weekend away. How glad we are that we did. .
After a long drive from London, we were welcomed warmly by the assistant manager Tony and offered complimentary drinks, help with our bags and a seat outside to relax whilst we got our bearings. We quickly realised that this great start was to be the norm - the whole weekend was wonderful from start to finish, from the gorgeous room (spotless, mix of traditional and modern, comfortable), lovely food (local, imaginative and simple, always well cooked), to the beautiful surroundings (maximised by the design of the internal and external layouts). Whether having lunch out on the sun terrace enjoying the fabulous views or dinner inside by the fire when the weather was cool, there wasn't a bad spot to be! And the 'extras' which were part of the service - drinks on the house, a boat trip round the bay, papers and dinner booked without needing to ask - it all helped to make us feel as welcome as if we were statying with friends or family, and not a paying guest!! Thank you to Jen and all the Cary Arms team for a lovely weekend, we are so glad we decided not to go abroad and explore south Devon instead. We will defintely be back, and will tell all of our friends and family about you, so keep up the good work!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon