Visited with friends for evening out. Our table was in the first section inside the entrance door. It was a cooler night and windy but most of the evening was spent closing the door to keep out the cold wind particularly as there was a steady stream of smokers coming and going in addition to diners arriving. Furthermore, the door was unable to be fastened properly as it was swollen and needed a carpenter for about 10 minutes. Poor management, otherwise it would have been sorted long ago. A couple adjacent had one course and went as they felt the cold more than we did. It was such a relief when the other table arrived, as they took charge of door closing. Thank goodness they accept later table bookings.
The food was fine, ( except the custard which was part hot as hell whilst the other half was stone cold) but none of it was enjoyed as we all sat uncomfortable. A smile however was given when we overheard the waitress asking the table opposite if there was anything else they required, and the reply was " Have you got a Hot Water Bottle"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon