1,000 results
All reviews sloe gin beach hut rear admiral steep road rose cottage residents lounge admiral room pebble cottage dog bed the cottages captains table white company toiletries babbacombe bay oddicombe beach dog friendly hotel car park the cliff
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Well we always visit in June, already booked for next year! But we wanted to try a visit in October, I wanted it to be windy raining and cosy , I was not disappointed. We booked the beach suites it was great to see the waves crashing over the rocks the darker nights was perfect. The welcome is always fantastic, Gail was waiting for us also Olivia and Harry, the guys took all our luggage to the suites while we had lunch. Dave and Lisa have such a great team. Also the new guys are great, Sammy and Rob are so confident and well coming it was nice to see Rachel she had just started in June so it was lovely to see her all settled in and confident . We really do have such a great time not only in an amazing place 5* on everything but all of these amazing people. Food was delicious as usual thanks to the kitchen team . They will try and acommadate you for whatever you ask for nothing is too much trouble. I think we are going to start doing 2 trips there. Its too good, absolutely great scenery great food and awesome people . Thank you all so much for all you did for us its very hard to leave because it really is that good. Can't wait to arrive on the Sunday in June already thinking about your wonderful roast . X X X

Room tip: My personal favourite is the beach suites you have lovely decks and a living room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Although the reviews I’ve read before grumble about the drive down the lovely staff will park your car so there is no need to worry about anything, I think this is the most amazing place I’ve stayed in the uk and I stay in a lot of hotels, the rooms are to die for, the food is fab, and I don’t even want to speak about the fabulous views! Everything is thought of to make your stay the best it can be by the Cary Arms I would give it 10 stars on here if I could and thank you to everyone there that made our stay lovely, we will definitely be back and I 100% can not wait.

Trip type: Travelled with family
CaryArms, General Manager at Cary Arms & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Hi Lu1u!

Thanks for your great review and we'll look forward to welcoming you back! Don't forget to claim your 10% discount off our standard rates as a returning guest but to keep an eye out for our off-season special offers too!

Thanks,

David

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We had a really great stay at the Cary Arms. Can't really fault anything about the stay. The accommodation is of a very high standard, (We stayed in one of the dog friendly duplex beach huts) The service is was very good, all the staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. This is also somewhere that says they're dog friendly and they truly are!
We stayed an additional night in one of the beach suites, which was fab!
The only slight negative point for me was having to pay extra for access to the Spa facilities, which I'm don't feel is appropriate for any staying Guests.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Mark H,

Thanks for your wonderful comments, it was great that you took advantage of the offer to stay an extra night and got to try out the Beach Suite too!

Our standard rate includes bed, breakfast and spa access but we also offer a discounted rate without access to the spa for those who don't wish it to use it. The discount if you are not using the spa is £30 per night.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks,

David

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

The location is superb, great views and an interesting building.

Food - good, no complaints.

I brought some clients here for dinner in the summer and we sat outside. If you sit outside, they make you pay for everything first, at the bar. I was up and down about 7 times, getting more water, ordering wine, coffee, desserts. Not easy when you are entertaining .

However the worst thing is the “service”. You walk in and there is never anyone to greet you. All the staff are young and seem to have been chosen for their looks rather than their skills. You kind of have to manage things yourself, and all the time they behave as though you are a mild inconvenience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Chloe M
Reviewed 11 October 2018

We found the Cary Arms by accident down the exceptionally steep and narrow road to the cove! I'm sure the wine tastes nicer in the warm autumn sun with a sea view! We both had a Cary Burger for lunch and it was excellent; couldn't be faulted and if we were in the area again, we would definitely eat here again.