“Lovely ice cream!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Torquay
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Open all year serving freshly cooked breakfast, lunch, homemade cakes and scones. Ice cream kiosk open all year with 22 flavours of icecream and milkshakes available. Uninterrupted views over Lyme Bay from floor to ceiling windows and a panoaramic view from our outside terrace. All meals are cooked to order and we use fresh locally sourced ingredients. Our icecream kiosk is open every day and until 9pm from whitsun until the end of August
Reviewed 31 May 2015

Visited here as time was getting on, just before 5. The main cafe was closed but the hatch was still up, the man more than happily served us 2 delicious ice creams, would visit again. Lovely cafe and even nicer ice cream!

Reviewed 21 May 2015

We stopped in here after a trip down and back again on the railway. It was busy but the service was swift and friendly so there was nothing to complain about.

The veggie menu options were all too cheesy for me so I had to have chips which was a shame. My mum and sister enjoyed their meals and my toddler was happy with his sandwich. I liked that they provide pens and paper to keep the little ones entertained.

What I didn't like was the bloke behind the counter telling off a member of staff within our hearing. That kind of thing should not be aired in front of customers!

All in all, could have a better menu, but it doesn't claim to be anything that it's not and the view is awesome.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

The Good:
Seating for both inside and outside, excellent home cooked baking. Sandwiches made to order. Excellent value fresh crab sandwiches. Even have an ice cream parlour with locally made ice cream
Not so Good:
Prices rise with the seasons

Grockledevon, Owner at Cliff Railway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to us and that the view was good on the day you were here; there haven't been too many clear days this month. I want to clear up the point you have made about price rises. The café prices haven't risen since January 2014 and have never been altered at any point in the season. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Excellent lunch at an outstanding venue, super views up the coast, although the owner seems a bit of a joker , telling me I could see France from his terrace ! Wonderful staff, always smiling, what more could you ask?

Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

Friendly, enthusiastic staff and good service. Cakes looked divine and the view of the cliff railway and beach below is lovely. We had tea cake high was nice. Only gripe was my cappuccino was more like a flat white but nevertheless was OK. NIce watering hole.

I'm sorry your coffee wasn't as expected. Please come back and see us, ask for the shift manager and your next coffee will be on the house.