“A LOVELY BREAK”

and 1 more site!
Seabury Hotel
Ranked #91 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Seabury & what can i say, my wife & brother/sister in law really enjoyed it, food etc could'nt fault it, really freindly staff nothing was too much trouble really helpful Thank's again, we will be returning.

Room Tip: unable to say all the rooms looked the same
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geoff K
There are newer reviews for Seabury Hotel

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have stayed at the hotel on a regular basis and have found the owners to be really genuine and helpful people.
They are real people and I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.
It did not matter what the time was when I arrived I was always welcomed with a smile.
I am vegetarian and it was no problem whatsoever for my breakfast to be a different cooked meal every morning.
The rooms were always very clean and I felt very relaxed there, a regular home from home.
Relaxed and straightforward.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night break in the Seabury Hotel and we could not have picked a more pleasent hotel to have stayed in. We stayed bed and breakfast and from the time we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. We were taken straight to our room which was a twin as we had requested. The room was a good size and very clean as was the shower and toilet. The beds were very comfortable and so were the pillows which is a plus. Although you could here the passing traffic it certainly was not loud enough to disturb you in fact we found the room to be very quiet and peaceful.

The breakfast cooked by Denise was also very good. The whole atmosphere of the hotel was a home from home. Denise, Sue and Denise's mother made us feel really comfortable and nothing was to much trouble. We have stayed in a number of hotels in and around Torquay and paid a lot more than we paid here, but this is by far the best we have stayed in and we really hope to go back again in the not to distant future. It might not be a five star hotel but there is certainly five star treatment.

Around the hotel there are shops and a few cafe's. To go out for an evening meal I would reccomend the Dolphin in the centre of the village. The food was beautiful. The steaks were cooked perfectly and everything on the plate looked and tasted first class and the owner Ashley and his family made you feel very welcome. The prices were very reasonable.

All in all we had a very enjoyable few days and I would not hesitate to recommend The Seabury to anyone looking for a short break. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank worldwiders
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Happy new year. what a start to 2012 we were a party of 7 with an age range of 30 to 65 we had one of the best new years for a long time from the warm welcome on arrival great entertainment every night ( chef has a wonderful voice) the buffet and champange to see in the new year good food every night to the moment we left on the 2nd Jan so good we have already booked to go back to see in 2013 thanks to Sue Mum and Nan for a lovely stay

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We were only able to stay one night at this lovely privately owned hotel ubfortunately as I had to return home sooner than planned.Hotel very clean and homely, staff very welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast was very good also. I stayed in room 1 which was suitable for my mother who is disabled. The facilities were very good with an easy accessible 'walk in shower'. Very handy for all amenities and a large car park for residents. Overall a great stay although short but very good value for money. Thank you Denise and Betty - we will return!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2011

very friendly family run hotel, superb breakfast!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Warm welcome was about all that was good.when shown room a dehumidifier was removed.as I work for an environment company started alarm bells ringing.the room smelt damp.on request of towels was told there was a charge!!!!bed valance was stained and dusty.radiator didn't work and when woke this morning all my clothes were damp..we stay away often...this is worst place yet..

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank emma901pettinger
denisejf, Owner at Seabury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

I was very sad to see your reveiw on my hotel, and I wish to reply to your points Devon is a DAMP part of the country hence all the green moss you see on most builds and walls in this county
although the reason for the dehumidifier was that I am at the moment redocorating rooms and cleaning carpets,heating does not come on until the themostat goes below 18 which is the norm for most hotels.Making hotel rooms hot is not healthy as so many germs bred in hot bedrooms.This room had only just be decorated and carpets cleaned as is our policey with all rooms at this time of the year.
When this room was booked it stated that towels are not included in the price, a basic room cost is basic although towels can be hired for £2.00