“PERFECT STAY!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Seabury Hotel
Ranked #86 of 153 Torquay B&B and Inns
“PERFECT STAY!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just spent another week at The Seabury our third time!! We absolutely love this family run place and have booked again for next year. Stayed in the same room as before which lived up to it's usual excellent
standard. The food was amazing once again!!! Nothing is a problem to them, they are just very helpful/friendly people and it's a pleasure to be in their company, we could go on and on about just how good this place is and we cannot thank them enough on a fantastic stay. Thanks again Denise, Betty, Sue, Daniel, Michael plus your staff especially Gemma who is credit to your hotel

See you all soon!!!

The Lucas Family, Sheffield

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Blade1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Home from Home we arrived at 7am after Travelling through the night nice Cosy Lounge at our Disposal Cups of Teas & Coffees for us before our Pre Ordered Full English Breakfast etc then Lounge allocated to us for Nap Time until Our Spotless Rooms were Ready well before our Official 2-00pm Check in Time Hotel is 2 Star but 5 Star Service Every Day throughout our Stay Fantastic Food Entertainment Bar Facilities Swimming Pool Gardens with Avairy Just Simply the Best Better than All the Rest Mr & Mrs Lucas (Senior) Sheffield South Yorkshire

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank DAVE L
Hants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at the Seabury Hotel for six nights - my first time in the West Country for many years. Having only stayed abroad for the past ten years, and being used to double beds, I did wonder how I would feel in a single room. However, the room was perfectly adequate for my needs, although I would say that if you are staying for two weeks, the wardrobe in this room would probably not be big enough for you, being half the width of a normal single wardrobe. Other rooms had bigger wardrobes I noticed, so it's always worth asking. The shower was lovely - nicer than my shower at home! The bed was comfy enough, and the room was clean. The meals were really good, and extremely reasonable in price. My two favourites were belly of pork and duck leg. The meat was SO moist and tender - delicious! The home cooked soups were lovely too. The management couldn't do enough for you, and it felt like a home from home. Gemma, who waited on tables, and did numerous other things, was lovely too, and so very helpful.

One thing I would say and that is be aware that payment is taken BEFORE your holiday, not on the day of arrival, as stated on their invoice. I'm sure they are in the process of amending their invoices as I type......

What more can I say? A two star hotel, and a management with five star hearts!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RosHants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Seabury and I had such a lovely welcome for the owners . room was clean and tidy and breakfast was yummy.
the best part of my experience at the Seabury was the waitress who I believe was called gemma , she couldn't do more for us , she always asked us how we was and what we had planned. she made us feel so welcome , she is a credit to the hotel and we will staying at the Seabury again .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jade e
Warfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a rush trip to Devon, and were so happy to arrive to a very welcoming hotel. Room was spotless, service and attention was great. Breakfast was lovely, hot and service great. As a family run hotel, all the family gave their attention to guests. Lovely garden and pool and also a really lovely feature of aviary's in the garden. Even had a lovely smoking area for those that wanted it. We thoroughly enjoyed our couple of nights stay and would definitely go back again. Great for singles, couples, families or friends. Something for everyone.

Room Tip: My sister and I stayed in the twin room No1, next to the front door and did not have any problems an...
1 Thank gg1810
Highley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Me, my wife and 9 year old daughter have just returned from a 4 night stay at The seabury, where we had a very nice time. As it was a fairly late booking that I did through an internet site, we had to have a twin room and a single room, with myself having the single. Both rooms were spotlessly clean with comfortable beds. The only 2 gripes I'd have is that the twin room was next to the kitchen and was a bit noisy when breakfast was being prepared, and I struggled a bit in the showerin my room as it didn't have n closed box, and being a big bloke I did struggle a bit to keep the curtain inside the box to stop the floor getting into a mess! These were both minor things that weren't worth complaining about though. I dd manage to get a peek at a lot of the other rooms though, and they all looked top drawer. The owner, Denise, her daughter, Sue, and mother, who I didn't get to ask her name, were all superb hosts who were friendly, approachable and always ready to give you advice and have a chat. The breakfast was very good, and after being concerned that I wouldn't have enough to eat after the first night, Denise and one of the waitresses told me to ask for as much as I wanted for the rest of the holiday, and I was well fed after that. We never had the evening meal option, but the menu looked interesting and varied, and I'd imagine they were very nice as Denise was often bringing samples of her cooking around for the guests. It was always a relaxing atmosphere in the bar in the evening with reasonable prices. The outdoor pool was nice if a tad on the cool side. The area was very nice, and access to all the local seaside towns were good. I would have no hesitation in stopping at The seabury again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rob S
Amersham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at The Seabury Hotel for three nights with our 1 year old son and overall, had a really lovely stay!

Initially we had an issue with no hot water in the shower, but this was rectified within the hour and had no problems whatsoever for the rest of our time here. The room itself, fairly typical of a two-star guest house, was clean and tidy with comfy beds and good quality towels. There was a small TV with all the channels and easily enough drawer/wardrobe space for all three of us!
A negative that we took away was that the pool water was really very cold! (Advertised as a heated pool.) We tried getting our son in, but it was basically far too cold for him, which was quite disappointing. In fairness the lady that greeted us did warn us of such but we felt that the 'heated' part of the description was misleading.

The owners and staff at the hotel were refreshingly down to earth and helpful. At breakfast, for example, our son was catered for brilliantly. The waitress was more than happy to arrange a child portion of scrambled egg and toast, this was more than appreciated!! (Cheers, Gemma!)

The location was perfect for the Model Village, Bygones and Oddicombe Beach. Also, we were a short drive from Torquay centre.

We'd definitely consider returning to The Seabury Hotel and recommend it for anyone looking for a break in comfortable surroundings!

• 4 of 5 bubbles