“very good second time here,first class food and entertainment”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Exeter, United Kingdom
“very good second time here,first class food and entertainment”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

brilliant time,good food and entertainment staff very good,rooms good,would tell people about this hotel,cant find anything to say to improve this hotel.people will always come back,first class service.well done majestic.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ronald m
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had a brilliant time with us. It is so pleasing to hear that we come highly recommended by so many of our guests. As always I will pass on your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Gillingham
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Just back from a"short break" at the Templestowe Hotel, Torquay. Have been several times before and was always satisfied but this time it really excelled.

Redecorated,refurnished and the food, better than ever, served by a first class waiter staff.The entertainment (which is what I really go for) was superb and every night, not two out of four, like so many places, but the best bit of all,the price was exceptionally reasonable.

Needless to say, I will be going again and again and again

Gordon (Dorset).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gordon G
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am extremely pleased to read that you had a wonderful holiday with us. I will pass on your comments and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We have just returned from a late Christmas break at the Templestowe Hotel. The service at the hotel was excellent, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The entertainment each night was outstanding and we shall definitely be having another holiday there. We would recommend this hotel as it is great value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gpy257
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
I am delighted that you had a wonderful holiday with us. All my team work extremely hard and we all appreciate your comments. Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

It's the second time we have stayed at this magestic hotel and this time was even better than the last. We stayed in a newly renovated room (106) overlooking the pool. The room was large with a double bed and a single bed and was clean. The only thing I didn't like was the bedding as I prefer quilts not blankets. The food was very good and as with last time the staff are excellent and a lot of effort is put into the entertainment. The show on our first night performed by the magestic staff and the resident comediene was excellent and extremely funny.
For the price you pay and for what's included in the price I cannot understand any negative reviews as this hotel is excellent value for money.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Nannyof7
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Many thanks for your complimentary review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed another holiday with us. A small percentage of our bedrooms have duvets and over the course of the year we will be looking into changing over from blankets. As with all reviews I will pass on your comments to all of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

This hotel is fine if you want to spend time in an old peoples home environment, public areas are tired and in need of a major face lift as for the food if you like school dinners you may feel at home. Wild horses won't drag us back to this hotel, having said that the evening entertainment( apart from the bingo) was good but it needs to be balanced between that and the f&b.

Room Tip: Don't go for unrefurbished but having said that even some of the refurbished ones aren't tha...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lindarowles
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay with us and you found the food offered not to your taste. We use reputable suppliers and believe that we offer an excellent choice of high quality produce. At the Templestowe we always strive to provide customers with an enjoyable stay and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the entertainment. We are now in the last year of our bedroom refurbishment and are spending a further half a million pounds on the hotel. Work has just been completed in the bar seating area to enhance the public areas. We have a huge guest range with some of our oldest guests being the youngest at heart! Thank once again you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Well what a fantastic 4 days, food was fab, requested a ground floor room and got it, lovely room with the garden just outside the window, staff all very friendly and helpful, the entertainment was second to none, the comedians made us laugh til we ached, only 1 minor complaint rooms were a bit cold but I think the staff had a few moans so they rectified it. I can honestly say it was the best "Christmas" Iv had in yrs, hoping to celebrate my birthday next month there for the "we'll meet again" theme. Only 1 "complaint" we didn't win the bingo!! I can highly recommend a stay here you won't be disappointed

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank sandra c
That you for your review, I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful holiday with us. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and with a bit of luck you may have a win on the bingo!
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Four days and three nights of good food, good service and good entertainment with a group of fifteen people,All in a christmas setting,bingo for those interested, singers, dancers, and comediens. Midday snacks are available at reasonable prices, and a good drinks bar is available.

Room Tip: no complaints from any of our group
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank daniel b
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
I am so delighted to read that the whole of your group had a wonderful stay with us. My team work incredibly hard to ensure that everyone has a marvellous stay so I will be passing on all your comments and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.