“Great hotel”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have just returned from the temples tow a coach party from Wales we had a lovely time I always do it is the tenth time I have been there the best hotel in Torquay I have one complaint the food was not very good on Monday and Tuesday but better weds and Thursday also I was disappointed with the floor show was not as good as previous times we had a lovely driver named Paul he is a credit to majestic we laughed from start to finish he could do a turn in the hotel he is wonderful I will return it is my favourite hotel well done

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Ponttypool
LJCunningham, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel, I am delighted that you had another great stay with us. I have passed on your comments to the whole team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Four of us came from Stoke on coach holiday,Good food ,brilliant staff couldn't fault anything,will certainly be back,entertainment excellent,good pool,hotel brilliant,,free bar was a bonus,hotel situated in a good place,everyone very friendly all staff including reception couldn't do enough,Entertainment out of this world well done to all of you Liz

Room Tip: on 2nd floor quiet with good view
6  Thank Gwynneth J
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am thrilled that you had a brilliant time and will pass on all your comments to the team.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Booked up has a self drive 3nights W/end break Dinner BB. With a 3hours night free bar . Evening shows out of this world . £129 all in . Fab .
Rooms was very good . Bathroom shower was abit weak . Low pressure . Good outdoor pool .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 708barrys
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the nightly entertainment. I shall pass on your comments to the Maintenance Team who will investigate and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I fully agree with other travellers comments. I have never laughed so much before in fact if I ever repeat the experience, which I am sure I will, I will have a good supply of Tena Lady with me.
Everything was brilliant, the rooms, the friendly staff, the food, the surroundings and most of all
the entertainment.
Enjoyed the trips and Robert, our driver, took us on different routes so we had a change of scenery.

All in all a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: Personally I don't think it matters whether facing the road or pool. You only use the room to g...
3  Thank Pam186378
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

It is delightful to read that you had a fantastic holiday with us. Your comments will thrill the entertainments team. Our new Christmas Show is currently being rehearsed and I hope that you have the opportunity to come and laugh along with us in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed 3 nights recently on a trip with Majestic. Had a lovely weekend, with Excellent Food, Excellent Entertainment every evening and excellent service from the staff who were very friendly and polite. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a large en-suite. Lovely terrace at the back of the hotel with patio tables and chairs and a lovely pool, set in a sun- trap.
Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Swanseajack39
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the sunshine around the pool! Thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Majestic coach driver, Esmond, was very friendly and immediately made us feel welcome, a good start to a 4 day break. Arrived at Templestowe at lunch time, unpacked, sat by the pool with a welcome glass of wine and then had a look around the local area - all seemed fine. Our room was large, we had both a double and a single bed; sitting area, plenty of channels on the tv; clean bedding and towels and we overlooked the garden. The en-suite was so tiny (no window) very claustraphobic and we immediately noticed that the shower cubicle needed a re-grout as did the sink. I must admit I felt disappointed as our friends had a lovely en-suite on the 3rd floor. Ours was a struggle to wash and dress in a morning because of extreme lack of space, it must have been a man who designed it!!!! Despite a small cramped en-suite we soldiered on. The dining room was delightful, bright and clean and the food was very good, although it would have been nice to have some fresh fruit at breakfast time. Tinika our waitress served us with a smile. In fact every staff member we met are a credit to the hotel, polite, effecient and nothing is too much trouble for them. Certain parts of the hotel need a lick of paint it looks very tired in places. After our evening meal, the best was yet to be, the finest entertainment ever, we were amazed each night at the exceptional standard each artist brought. Free bar was a bonus and there was no queuing on any evening we were there. In all we enjoyed our stay, made lots of new friends as lots of folks were friendly. Would I go again? Yes, but would pay extra for an upgrade with a sea view and of course a larger bathroom.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea-view. Take a pack of cards as there is no games room, just a swimming pool and t.v...
4  Thank Glamorgangal

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I get great pleasure from reading how my team really enhance all of our guest’s visits. I am sorry on this occasion you were disappointed with your ensuite, all of the bedrooms and bathrooms in the Templestowe are different shapes and sizes, please advise reception at the time of booking with any requests and we will happily try and accommodate you. We are heavily investing in the refurbishment of the hotel and I hope that on your next visit you will notice some changes. As always I will pass on all your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here recently with my husband and friends. On arrival we were shown to our rooms and our luggage was there before we were, the room we had was immaculate and comfortable. Our porter chris was very helpful with places we could visit and what the hotel had on offer for entertainment during our stay. Meals were superb and plenty of choice. Entertainment i have to say was the highlight to this hotel, i have not laughed so much for so long, all done by staff and big shout out to chris the porter who made me laugh so much i found it hard to control my bladder, we have some great pictures of our stay i will put them on here when i know how to. Will certainly return to this hotel in the future, amazing value for money.

4  Thank mrandmrs w

Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Chris is thrilled to bits with your comments (he is also overjoyed to feature in the new Majestic Tours Brochure!) and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.