“turkey and tinsel november 8th 2013”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 November 2013

just back from torquay.What a great weekend my friend and I had..We had room 1 what a lovely room the staff were very helpful nothing to much trouble for them.But I must mention Paul are driver he made the holiday for us with his jokes and banter.Food excellent entertainment great thank-you for a wonderful time

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank shirley b
LJCunningham, Public Relations Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased you had a wonderful holiday with us. All the team will be delighted with your comments and I shall pass on appreciation to Paul when I see him next. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just returned from a weekend turkey and tinsel themed break at the templestowe hotel with majestic coach tours, had a great time entertainment was excellent food was very good with great quick service ,all staff pleasant and helpful , room spacious and clean, only negative was on the iternary it stated an excursion to Teighnmouth when we got there we found we only had one hour here and then we were taken to Exeter for 3 hours had we been aware of this we wouldn't have gone on this excursion but would recommend this hotel and majestic tours.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bev W
LJCunningham, Public Relations Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I am pleased to read you had a great time with us; the whole team work incredible hard to ensure all our guests receive the best service and will be thrilled with your comments. We try to vary our excursion programme and I will look into the timings of our excursions and apologise you were disappointed. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

First time at The Templestowe Hotel October 21st to October 25th, really enjoyed it good food and excellent entertainment at night, will definitely be back. Booked a Sea View room.

Terry Rickards.

Cardiff.

Room Tip: Sea View room was very good.
2  Thank Terence R

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable first visit to the Templestowe. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I look forward to seeing you again for one of our entertainment filled breaks.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Again we decided to visit the Templestowe Hotel at Torquay for a Tinsel & Turkey 5 day break.
This time we paid extra for a room with a view and got a super large first floor room which overlooked the sea.
The food was great and plentiful, the evening entertainment second to none. No wonder we found that some people are there for their 8th year in succession.
The trips were the same as last year which were great, but we chose to bus to Paignton then steam train to Dartmouth where we ferried across the river into the town. Another day was a bus from the harbour to Babbacombe and used the cliff railway and lunched. Another day a ferry from the pier to Brixham the fishing town.
Great break with plenty to do and see.

Room Tip: sea views are all at the back and away from the busy road at the front,
1  Thank Graham792

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. We have now fully refurbished all of our 87 guest bedrooms and our sea view bedrooms are extremely popular. I shall pass on your comments to the whole team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Been to this hotel three times now and it is excellent value for money. Evening entertainment first class. Used out door pool as weather was great. Could have been abroad. Good hotel for a fun weekend especially with free bar!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nasherc

I am delighted to read you had another great stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back for you’re forth visit very soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

we recently got from a cracking weekend in the Templestowe hotel torquay the hotel was clean bedrooms kept to a very good standard,food was very good, entertainment excellent from start to finish ,the free bar from 6pm to 9pm was good quality wine and beer dinning room staff very friendly and helpful we would go back again.

Room Tip: sea view if possible
1  Thank 4,647,679

Thank you for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable Oktoberfest weekend. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Booked this hotel as part of a coach trip, sadly there was no coach available from Plymouth, despite being advertised as such. No problem as I drove there, couldn't be given a parking space. I was informed it was a first come, first served basis. So I was pleased I managed to get a parking space very near the entrance, convenient as I had a disabled companion with me.
On booking into reception, we were given another room that was more suitable to my companions abilities. The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and took the trouble to take some suitcases to our room......The room was very small and very hot. We asked if we could pay to upgrade, but was told there was nothing available. The room and bathroom was spotless.
The plumbing was the quietest I've experienced. Never heard one toilet flushing!!
The food was good and varied, something for everyone, and plentiful. Served by very efficient staff, who couldn't do enough to please the guests. The entertainment on the Oktober fest evening was very loud and continued throughout the meal,
This hotel should be proud of their staff, friendly and helpful. Good value for the money....

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel noisy, the rooms were so hot we had to leave the windows open. B...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank E R
LJCunningham, Guest Relations Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for review, I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Each bedroom is a different shape and size the reception team will be happy to advise you with any rooming requests prior to your next arrival. All of the staff will be so pleased to hear of your kind words and I look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.