“Excellent stay”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We have just enjoyed a wonderful short break at this hotel and will definitely return. The rooms were a lovely size and the cleaner kept it looking lovely. We enjoyed our meals with a choice every evening and a good choice for breakfast. The staff were very friendly and it was good to see a full hotel in January. Well done everyone for giving us a lovely time

1  Thank Mag16_12
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable short break with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was our first visit and for a well travelled and discerning couple I have to say that the Templestowe offers outstanding value for money. It's a top of the range Majestic standard establishment. The staff from reception to bar to restaurant to housekeeping were all pleasant and efficient, our room was large and very clean with a practically new bathroom. The meals were better than I expected, good choice, hot, fresh vegetables. The entertainment was varied. This place "does what it says on the can". 90% were coach clients, we were self drive but we all enjoyed ourselves. Ours was a Turkey and Tinsel (last weekend in January) and I'd go again but on a different themed weekend. Well done to the Templestowe.

1  Thank oldrunnerExeter

I am delighted that you had a lovely first stay with us.
All the Templestowe Team appreciate you taking the time to write your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife & I spent a wonderful 3 day break at this hotel this week-end from 31st Jan - 3rd Feb, the room was very clean with a large bathroom, the restaurant food was excellent and the waiter's were so efficient, the bar facilities were also very good, the drinks and wine were below standard prices. I must say all the staff were very courteous, happy natured and more than willing to please the guests. My wife & I travel all over the UK & abroad and usually enjoy a hotel's entertainment, but the Templestowe Hotel have entertainment every evening and it was by far the best we ever had the pleasure to enjoy, hats-off to them they were true professionals, on our last evening, they provided a variety show with many artists, what a great night. We would recommend a break at this hotel, truly value for money, we will most definitely return soon!

Room Tip: The lower ground floor rooms are quite spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimmyD-S11
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely complimentary review which which will be passed on to all the staff to read. The whole team really appreciate you taking the time to write your review as they work extremely hard to ensure all our guests have a wonderful visit. We have some excellent entertainment filled breaks coming up so I hope to welcome you both back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is the forth time that my wife and I have visited the hotel and each time seems a little better. The room we had this time was superbly decorated with all new furnishings,the hotel was well heated .The entertainment was excellent and staff served us well unable to fault the food look foreward to my next visit.

Phil T

Room Tip: room on Southh side are quieter
2  Thank Phil T

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and I look forward to welcoming you back for your fifth visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was the second time we have been for this and we all enjoyed it. The hotel staff were all helpful, especially in the restaurant, where there is a good choice of meals. The rooms are clean and the entertainment was very good. We will probably try it again at a different time of the year. Thank you.
Ann W Cornwall

1  Thank Ann W
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Many thanks for writing your kind review of the Templestowe; I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for your third visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Well returned to the Templestowe Hotel for the 3rd year running for Tinsel & Turkey, thoroughly enjoyed it. As usual the staff were friendly and helpful, the meals excellent with a good choice on menu. Excellent entertainment, rooms are clean and comfortable. Will return again.

5  Thank Linda M
Templestowe_Manager, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

I am delighted you had another enjoyable stay with us. I appreciate all of our guests taking the time to share their experience and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have once again had a fantastic time at the Carry on Christmas theme at The Templestowe. Our trip has been running for many years at the same time but this time the entertainment was the best ever. Congratulations to all. The food was plentiful and the rooms are beautifully decorated as are all the decorations in the hotel. We look forward to next year.

2  Thank jeannette g

I am so pleased you had another excellent stay with us, my Entertainments Manager, Paul will be so pleased you enjoyed the entertainment as we have some fantastic new acts lined up for this year. I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.