“2 night half board break”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
“2 night half board break”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have just returned home after a two night break staying at the Templestowe with family and were pleasantly surprised. This was our first time which we thoroughly enjoyed. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. We had lovely bedrooms, the food was enjoyable. What more can we say! We will be back. Thank you

Room Tip: We had room 106 which was a lovely large room with sea views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank WOOZER14
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us. We pride ourselves on all aspects of our hotel and are pleased that our staff, excellent food and spacious sea view bedrooms were appreciated. Thank you for you comments, which I will pass on to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have just come back from a mini break at this lovely hotel, The Templestowe the price was amazing and it followed all through with great entertainment lovely meals plenty of choice with the food, very helpful and friendly staff. The rooms are very good and have been refurbished, we will definitely go back again, and while we were there we heard such good comments from other guests who visit frequently.

4 Thank Jacky E
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed the 60’s special break, which was new for this year. We pride ourselves on offering great value, entertainment filled breaks and it is important to receive your valuable feedback. Thank you for writing your review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Sorry to take so long leaving a review, Work must come before play,
My wife and i traveled with three freinds for a week end break the three girls have stayed ay
the Templestowe three times and knew what to expect, I had not and what a pleasure it was.
great food, for ever helpfull staff, great entertainment, clean hotel, and great bar staff. My
wife is disabled and having a room on the lower ground floor mad gettigng around the hotel
very easy, We will be back in August for an other fab weekend. Hope we have the same
driver Paul

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 402robertedwards
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments; I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the whole team and look forward to welcoming you back in August.
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

just came back from a good value weekend at templestowe. friendly staff good service. room refurbished so very pleasant to stay,and the entertainment was excellent hope to go back soon. {if only had the weather to match}

2 Thank gary c
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments, we pride ourselves on all aspects of our hotel and are pleased that our staff, entertainment and refurbished rooms were appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back and hope the sun shines for your next visit
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Got back from a long weekend after staying at the Templestowe, it was really good value for money, we went with a group of 34 people and could not have asked for more. The food was very good and the staff was faultless they were very polite and carried out there work in a very professional manner, I have to say that it was the best holiday that I have organised with Majestic.
I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff in the dinning room especially Isablle who was our waitress very professional in her job. Our room no 32, was huge and newly decorated and overlooked the sea. The entertainment was also top class and I am looking forward to going back. There was also a free bar and like other hotels where you have to queue for ages the queue was not that long and staff were very efficient Top quality all round.

1 Thank Robert H
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review, I am so pleased you and your party had a lovely holiday with us. It is always great for our staff to get special mentions and I shall pass on your comments to the whole team. I look forward to welcoming you back for another break with us.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We have been here many times before. Excellent 4 days. Room 49 is fairly big and been updated to a very good standard. Food is good entertainment is spectacular. You will not get better then this where ever you go. Good entertainment in the afternoon now with bingo aswell. My partner won £57.00 and he was well happy. The staff are very friendly . Most of the hotel has been updated and very smart . We had a new flat screen tele which makes all the difference to be able to see to watch it. There are trips that you can go on aswell. Can't fault them don't know how they do it for the money. Well impressed with their service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pauline W
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
I am so thrilled you had another wonderful stay with us; the whole team will be delighted to read your lovely comments. We strive to offer an excellent value break featuring quality entertainment, food and service and I am so pleased we met your expectations. Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I have visited the Templestowe on two occasions and found it to be good value for money. The first visit was in November 2o12 for an early "Tinsel and Turkey" four day break arranged as a drive yourself, arranged by Majestic Tours. We had a room on the lower floor level with the dining room and overlooking the rear garden. The room was quite good with en-suite and television. Staff in both dining and reception areas very helpful, friendly and efficient.
Entertainment was exceptionally good, once bingo was out the way, Not great bingo players but managed a flutter,as you do, We were fortunate to meet some friends we knew so this made the holiday even more enjoyable. We had only driven a short way from Newton Abbot but never the less enjoyed the break immensely. Well done Majestic!
Parking was rather limited, and created a problem if you left your space. Good idea to use public transport, which is quite convenient from directly outside the hotel,,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave G
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience of the Templestowe, I am so pleased that you enjoyed both of your visits. Parking is limited at the Templestowe however as you mentioned we are surrounded by an excellent public transport service. Our entertainment is of a very high standard and we are fortunate to have two floor shows along with quality cabarets and duos to keep you entertained nightly throughout the year. As with all reviews I shall pass on your comments to the team, who really appreciate your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.