All reviews free bar first class majestic tours steve laister excellent entertainment summer sizzler rock n roll self drive coach driver turkey and tinsel themed weekend entertainment manager brilliant weekend sea view our waiter babbacombe theatre every evening
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have just spent a few days at the Templestowe as part of the Sixties Short Break. It was excellent and we really enjoyed it. The hotel is spotless but very welcoming. The beds are so soft and all the bathrooms have been refurbished, The food is excellent and very well cooked and served. Nothing is too much trouble. All the staff are friendly and welcoming and if you are on your own you needn’t worry as everyone makes friends very easily with the inclusive atmosphere created by the staff.
Our first night’s entertainment was excellent and so funny, performed of course by the entertainment team. The second night we were taken to the theatre by coach and although the show was good, unfortunately Wayne Fontana was ill so it wasn’t as good as the previous year. However this was not the hotel’s fault….
The staff at the Templestowe are so hard working and versatile, working in the bar, reception and then entertaining us, well done you are brilliant.
This is our third break at the Templestowe and as we only live eight miles from the hotel, you can tell we really feel it is good value for money and a fabulous break.
Many thanks, Sheila Yeo

Room Tip: We always upgrade to the sea view and these rooms are brilliant
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank SheilaYe0
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am so pleased you had another great stay with us. We have finished refurbishing all eighty-seven bedrooms and I am delighted our efforts have been appreciated. The 60’s break was new for this year and I am delighted you enjoyed the jammed packed entertainment break, which I am sure will feature again. I shall pass on your comments to the team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was our second stay at the hotel (in the same room - 31). I wrote a report last time as I was so impressed, and this time was even better. The room was modernised since last time completely overhauling the bathroom with a shower, sink and new toilet. Also all the bedding was new and the pillows (plenty of them) were great.

It was a 60s themed break and we even got tickets included to see the 60s show at the Princess Theatre with all original artists (not tributes). We were self drive and expecting to make our own way, but everyone was allowed to use the free coach transfer.

The food was great (again) and the staff just cannot do enough to make us feel welcome and to ensure that all our needs were met by all the friendly staff. Once again we had a fabulous break and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - and value for money too. Give it a try - you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: No fitness centre or spa - there was no option for this above - it was not terrible - just not applicable ....
2  Thank suzyblue31
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am so pleased you had a great stay with us. We have finished refurbishing all eighty-seven bedrooms and I am delighted our efforts have been appreciated. The 60’s break was new for this year and it is important to receive valuable feedback from our guests, so thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our break at the Templestowe. Everything was better than we had expected and we will definitely be going back. Very very good value , would recommend this hotel without hesitation.The food , entertainment and staff were all excellent.

Room Tip: We paid extra and had a sea view which was well worth it.
3  Thank Sue M

Thank you for your lovely comments; I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the whole team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have just returned home after a two night break staying at the Templestowe with family and were pleasantly surprised. This was our first time which we thoroughly enjoyed. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. We had lovely bedrooms, the food was enjoyable. What more can we say! We will be back. Thank you

Room Tip: We had room 106 which was a lovely large room with sea views
3  Thank WOOZER14

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us. We pride ourselves on all aspects of our hotel and are pleased that our staff, excellent food and spacious sea view bedrooms were appreciated. Thank you for you comments, which I will pass on to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have just come back from a mini break at this lovely hotel, The Templestowe the price was amazing and it followed all through with great entertainment lovely meals plenty of choice with the food, very helpful and friendly staff. The rooms are very good and have been refurbished, we will definitely go back again, and while we were there we heard such good comments from other guests who visit frequently.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jacky E

I am delighted you enjoyed the 60’s special break, which was new for this year. We pride ourselves on offering great value, entertainment filled breaks and it is important to receive your valuable feedback. Thank you for writing your review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.