“Home from home, I had a great stay!!”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Home from home, I had a great stay!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my first long weekend break alone since becoming a widower last year. Although I was holidaying alone I cannot praise the Templestowe Hotel highly enough. ALL of the staff were 1st class, they were down to earth and we had terrific banter between us. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they made me feel at home and more than welcome. My bedroom was brilliant and the en-suite....well, I could have held a dance in it, it was so spacious. My accommodation was spic and span and well refreshed every day - thank you Lena. The staff at reception were brilliant - even the budgies were welcoming, again - thank you all. The meals were excellent, plenty of choice, and the service was second to none - thank you guys. All of the bar staff were great and the entertainment was top class with a good variety of acts, well done, and thank you all.
All in all everyone at the hotel were very professional yet down to earth, very helpful and most welcoming......Look out everyone, I'm coming back in September for another wonderful relaxing break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tony V
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I appreciate you sharing your first experience of the Templestowe and I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us. The whole team are truly grateful for you taking the time to write such lovely comments and I have congratulated them all for their continued hard work. I look forward to welcoming you back in September if not before.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived late afternoon Friday and were greeted by the friendly reception staff. The room we had was spotless. We missed the meet and greet with the entertainments manager as we arrived late, We quickly showered and changed as our table for food in the restaurant was for 6pm, we were a bit suprised to discover that were were paired up with another couple to share our table, but we got on brilliantly and it broke the ice a bit in getting to know other holiday makers. Food was lovely, and the staff in the restaurant were efficient and friendly.
The evening entertainment was brilliant, although it is geared for the more older quest, it was still very entertaining, Friday night was a blast, the Andy Pandy routine was hysterical and as the night and the weekend worn on you reallised that the entertainment team were also part of the reception team and bar team, The singers on Sunday night were amazing and the comedian was top notch. And a free bar between 7pm and 11pm, whats not to like. And the sun shone the whole time, The hotel is situated near the top of the small shoppping centre, and it is about a 10 minute walk to the harbour area, and a liitle bit of a hill to walk back to the hotel, but its not a steep climb. We would definately go back..

2 Thank julied1984
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The whole team endeavour to provide friendly and efficient service and will be delighted when I pass on your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future and once again thank you for sharing your experience.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Firstly let me say that this Hotel is clean, friendly and the food is good. What it is not is Disability friendly. I will not go into the exact details as it would take too long, but please believe me when I say this Hotel is NOT for disabled people, no matter how much they tell you it is. I gave it 3 because apart from the disability thing this is not a bad Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jasicle
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am extremely sorry that we were not able to accommodate all of your requests, unfortunately we do not have disabled pull cords in any of our bedrooms and our disabled access policy detailing this is available on our website. We always encourage guests to inform us in advance; specifying all requests and strive to meet people’s expectations. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the other aspects of the hotel and will pass on your comments to the whole team.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just returned from Templestowe Hotel in Torquay. First time to this hotel, reports from other seasoned guests was good. We were not disappointed, room was clean, food was excellent with a good variety. Staff were friendly and helpful, the evening entertainment was great one of the best variety turns we have experienced. We will definitely consider making a return trip.

Room Tip: You can pay extra for a sea view, the other rooms face the main road which was a bit noises.
1 Thank sally w
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I am delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your first visit to the Templestowe and thank you for sharing your experience. All of the team work incredibly hard to meet and exceed guests expectations and I am pleased you were not disappointed. I shall pass on your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Have just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Templestowe Hotel. The food was great, the rooms spotless, and the entertainment was fantastic. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Will definately return as soon as possible.

Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely complimentary review. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for two nights visiting family and friends in Devon. The hotel exceeded our expectations in every respect - lovely family room with sea view,beautifully furnished and decorated, well lit and airy, good wardrobe and storage facilities, ultra-modern bathroom, super breakfast, heated outdoor swimming pool and adequate car parking - all a nice walk or short taxi-ride from the sea front. The staff were all incredibly friendly and attentive (we are active pensioners), and we were made wonderfully welcome. Great value and a lovely stay - we will definitely return next year on our annual visit to the South West (from Prestatyn in North Wales)

Room Tip: Speak to Reception - always very helpful
2 Thank Tim C
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I am delighted you had a wonderful two night break with us. I know the whole team truly appreciate you taking the time to write such lovely comments and I have congratulated them all for their continued hard work. I look forward to welcoming you back next year if not before.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just returned from a 5 day break at the Templestowe Hotel in Torquay with Majestic Coach Holidays. Have to say it was all great. From the coach arrangements to the hotel. Food at hotel was ok, totally acceptable but not great. However the entertainment was second to none. Each evening me and hubby would go out for a drink because we do not like bingo, but we made sure we were back for the main shows which were terrific. Well done to entertainment team and individual acts, some great comics there. Rooms were lovely, beds very comfortable and we paid extra for a sea view which was well worth it. Staff were very helpful. Hotel dated but lovely and clean. Hotel about 20min stroll from harbour all downhill going but up hill on way back. This was fine for us, but could be hard if a little less mobile. However a taxi back in the evening was less than £5 well worth it to have an evening drink in one of the lovely harbour bars. Met some lovely, friendly people on the trip. A great time. Many thanks

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarah R
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I appreciate you sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on all aspects of our hotel and are pleased that our staff, entertainment and refurbished bedrooms were appreciated. I shall pass on your comments to the whole team and hope to welcome you back in the very near future.