“Fantastic getaway”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Choose coach holidy with Majestic Coaches and what a brilliant time my friend and I had. Rooms clean and comfy,entertainment and staff excellent, food very good. Excursions were well worth it and our coach driver looked after us so well. I will have no hesitation in booking another trip so thanks to all involved in making our break memorable,

Room Tip: Choose room on south side as our room wes quite noisy due to traffic.
3  Thank Merrill W
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I am delighted that you enjoyed your first stay with us. We take pride in the fact we offer great value entertainment filled breaks and it is important to receive your valuable feedback. Thank you for writing your review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I chose this hotel from trip advisor i was not disapointed,had a fabulous weekend, food was very good, rooms were excellent, staff were lovely' not far to walk to town. Taxi to railway station was three pounds ninety,train into Exeter cost just over six pounds ,took forty minutes didn't need to use the car. Met some lovely guests as well. Thank you all at templestow see you all again as soon as possible. Anne peel. Cornish maid

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank anne p

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am so pleased you had a wonderful first stay with us. The whole team truly appreciate you taking the time to write such lovely comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed in 2012 and said we would return. We are glad to say we did. Great Summer weekend with friends. Free Bar a definite bonus. Glorious sun trap by the pool - which this time we could use. Still great entertainment. Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-view
1  Thank JWofExeter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am so pleased you decided to come and visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked a 5 day/4 night coach trip to the hotel as a birthday gift to myself, not really knowing what to expect, but I'm glad I did as the whole trip was very enjoyable. The hotel was very efficiently run and (it seemed to me) that everything went like clockwork. It's clear that the staff are all well trained and that helps things go so smoothly.
The journey by coach from Bristol to Torquay was stress-free and on arriving, we were allocated our rooms and asked to go to the restaurant a little later to have a table place allotted for the stay. My case arrived at my door in seeming no time at all so I had plenty of time to unpack before finding the restaurant and being shown where my table was. (I was really fortunate with the people I was to sit with, 3 very nice ladies who took me under their wing for the stay.) The restaurant is large with good views of the gardens and the waiters were all very attentive & eager to accommodate any requests. The food wasn't bad at all with a good choice of starter/main/dessert each evening. The breakfasts were good too & certainly kept me going until lunchtime.
My single room was plenty big enough for me with more storage space than needed and a partial view of the sea. I also had the ventilation pipe near my window but that wasn't a problem as the extractor was turned off shortly after the evening meals had finished being served. The bed was very comfortable - firm but not hard - so sleep wasn't a problem either.
The day trips that came with the package were good though not many went for the one to Dartmoor due to the amount of travelling involved. That's a shame as there was some spectacular scenery to be enjoyed and it was nice to see the ponies roaming wild. The drivers were very knowledgeable, pointing out place of interest as we went as well as some history of the area.
Now, the evening entertainment. I didn't go to the bingo though my tablemates enjoyed it and didn't think I'd like the main sections of the cabaret-type entertainment but I was pleasantly surprised, not only by the content and variety but also at the sheer professionalism of all involved. I'm sure that such entertainment would be quite costly in a theatre so it made the price of the holiday even better value.
Overall, I'm very happy to have booked the trip and can see why some people go there several times a year. I made a lot of friends which is really the whole point of these kinds of holiday I guess. Would I go back? Yes, I believe I would/will.

Room Tip: It's probably worth paying a little extra for a room with a view of the sea. (It's over ther...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Martin_Cube

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I appreciate you sharing your experience of the Templestowe and I am delighted you had a wonderful first stay with us. The whole team are truly grateful for you taking the time to write such lovely comments and I have congratulated them all for their continued hard work. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My sister and myself recently stayed at the Templestowe for the Theatre weekend. Our bedroom was excellent, the food of high standard, the staff very friendly, and of course the evening entertainment was fantastic. As we only live a short distance away we used our bus passes to get to Torquay. We were very pleased with our bedroom and we didn't mind sharing a large table for meals as we had a chance to make a few friends. We are looking forward to our next stay.

3  Thank pat237
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed your theatre weekend with us. We take pride in the fact we offer great value entertainment filled breaks and it is important to receive your valuable feedback. Thank you for writing your review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just spent a great weekend at the Templestow, Staff are first class, good entertainment,
nice rooms,
will not hesitate to go again, looking forward to recieving their future offers.
regards
denis routley

Room Tip: we were overlooking the pool, which was great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
mark w, Owner at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2015

Thank you Mr Routley for taking the time to review the Templestowe. You generous words are appreciated by all the team. See you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel ok food was nice and the entertainment was first class the only complaints are about the room no 117 was over the kitchen and unbearably hot we could not open the window when the kitchen was working because of the noise from the large extractor fan right out side our window it was very hot at night so not much sleep we had a lovely walk in shower but no soap dish so very difficult to use shampoo or shower gel as nowhere to put it except the floor and not much room to bend down would have been impossible if disabled such a small thing but causes problems but a nice break and very good value for the money paid the staff were really pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: Not over the kichen
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Margaret S
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I appreciate you sharing your experience of the Templestowe. I have reported to our maintenance team the soap dish was missing from 117 and they will replace this immediately. We have to run the kitchen extractor (the extractor does not run at night) whilst the kitchen team are working to ensure the working environment is in accordance to our health and safety policy. I am pleased you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Templestowe Hotel in the near future.