“fantastic food”

Dining options: Reservations
paignton
“fantastic food”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

the food here is of a high standard and superbly presented and good value for money. When looking for a restaurant that had plenty of fish meal options this is the only one who mentioned that it was on the flat throughout, so idea for when looking to take my mom (who is in a wheelchair). Would definately reccommend to anyone and the staff nothing was too nuch trouble.

• Visited May 2013

“Great service and good choice of food”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Owner operated, we had a super meal here, good food and service and a 3 course meal for £22 a head with a bottle of wine. Would definitely recommend

Visited May 2013
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was! Excellent value for money. Very good set menu, £14 for 3 courses, and the portion sizes were spot on. Will definitely pop back here when we visit Torquay again next year.

• Visited May 2013
torquay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An unfortunate experience!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We went on a Saturday night and there were 11 of us. Due to special dietry requirement I phoned the resturant 3 days prior to the meal and ask for my choices:

Starter: Rissotto either mushroom or pea & mint
Main Course : Plain chicked and salad
Dessert: Fruit salad

my requirements being gluten free, caffine free, alcohol free and low in fat. On arrival I checked that they had my order, which was confirmed. When the starter came it was a 'rissotto cake' with side salad and coleslaw and fried mushrooms. The 'cake' was in breadcrumbs and fried. On arrival I informed the waitress 'this is not a rissotto' and was told it was was, I then explained what a rissotto was and the that I specified exactly what sort of rissotto I wanted. She took it away to the chef to return a few minutes later with the same plate and what looked like the same cake with the breadcrumbs cut/scraped off. I did try a mouthful, it was tasteless and definately bound with egg and possibly flour, several friend tried it as well, the texture was awful and no taste, I did not eat it, I ate the side salad. When the main course eventually came it was pan fried chicken, served with fried mushrooms(again) and a jug of something, but no salad, the waitress said'gluten free' as she deposited it. I did ask for the salad that I had ordered much to her displeasure. There were vegatables on the table for all to help themselves to - carrot in butter, cauliflower cheese, sauted potatoes and new potatoes with butter. The waitress did return with a salad, which did look as though chunks of things in the kitchen had been put on a plate and there was a dressing on it, I did eat the salad, taking a chance on the dressing and the chicken, the jug contained what tasted like 'BIsto' I did not eat. The food I did eat was nice and the chicken cooked beautifully.

I was not charged for my starter and was charged a resonable price for my main course. The waitress was awful and so I was told by my companions was making faces behind my back, which did not bother me as it added to the comic like event, I can only imagine that they went to the 'Fawlty Towers' school of service.

Although everybody else in the party enjoyed there food, no one liked the atmosphere or the service and nobody wanted to go back again!

• Visited April 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“A nice find.”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We just found this restaurant on line and thought we would try it. It was a cosy place, nice staff, alway with a smile, the food was lovely, i even had a glass of wine which i don`t have very often.
We had a starter, a main and a dessert each, the dessert for me could have been better, but the rest of the food was lovely.I think we will go back.

• Visited March 2013