“Good all round British hotel and break”
Review of Hotel De La Mer

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torquay
Hotel De La Mer
Ranked #103 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We go back every year to the De la Mer and this hotel has that good British holiday feel to it. In BABACOOMBE and the welcome from the Tillen family owners is great just like the food. We liked the fact that it was close to many local attractions, walking distance to 'Bygones/cliff railway, Hanburys fish and chips, Angels tea rooms, Model village, and so much more. If you have the weather get on the beach.We also liked the fact that the owner Luke Tillen and family give so much to families via the Charity 'THHN', we commend them and will be back.

Room Tip: Visit all the attractions mentioned, and don't forget the little theater for live shows on the c...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven J

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Fantastic holiday. Already typed it all in wrong bit. Trip advisor need to revise their form. This part should have been first. Tips should be later.

Really great place, extremely clean. ?plenty of good, homely, well cooked food. TRY IT!!

Room Tip: We stayed at this verh nice family hotel over the Easter break with our daughter and her family. I...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sandra p
Reviewed 12 March 2013

For my 60th Birthday ,i booked a 3 night stay for myself & wife on the 8th march 2013
we were recommended this Hotel by Friends-what a great choice,
Food was excellent and and the entertainment was also very good
a big thank you to luke and all at the hotel de la mer
see you again in December
keith & jean

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank keith j
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have recently returned from a 4 night coach trip staying at this establishment (7/3/13-11/3/13), and it's safe to say that despite my apprehenshions about staying in such a small hotel, my concerns were unfounded. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff, e.g. when i arrived the room i had been booked into had a problem with the shower, so i contacted the staff and was immediately moved to another room. a variety of entertainment was provided over the course of the stay which i found enjoyable. the food was both homely as well plentiful, the was frequently second helping at most meals.
Also the hotel is on a main bus route into and out of Torquay which runs late into the evening for those night owls who enjoy exploring.overall i would definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay if you are looking for hotel with a homely feel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with a coach trip. I was with my disabled partially sighted, disabled mam, and sister. We were warmly welcomed by Luke and family which I think was a lovely start to our break. We were allocated rooms on the ground floor as requested. They were spotless, and i loved the warm homely quaintness of them. The food was 1st class with all fresh produce used, and plentifull. Seconds and thirds could be had if wanted. I had dietry needs that required a pureed diet, and must say it was wonderfull! By far the best I have eaten during my numerous hotel stays throughout the UK " Bravo Luke " The evening entertainment was excellent and enjoyed by myself and family. Everyone there waitresses included, were so helpfull and made our stay a warm memory. We loved babbacombe and its scenery and peacefullness. The small shopping precinct was just a stroll away and we visited " Bygone Days " A trip back into time with wonderful memrobillier "sic". To sum up, Yes we would love to go back and stay again, hopefully some time this year. We look forward to it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Took coach of 36 people in october 2012. food amazing staff could not do enough for you. Welcomed by Luke when we arrived with a cup of tea.

I took a small coach of 16 people for New Year could not fault it . Have booked for this year.
highly recommend this hotel.

Trevor Phillips Monmouth

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Stayed for one night only in this Hotel in December 2012 on a Coach trip weekend.The food was plain but delicious and lots of it. The Staff were excellent, very friendly and attentive. The Hotel had won awards for their Christmas decorations and I'm not surprised because it was absolutely wonderful. Every room was full of many beautiful decorations to behold. My only gripe is that there was a single room supplement of £30 (to be fair I don't know who pocketed the money whether the Hotel or the Coach Company ?!) I would definately confirm any additional single room supplements if you stay at this Hotel first because although the room was very clean (, There were tea/coffee making facilities and the bed was comfortable)it was very very tiny and the bathroom was so small I had trouble getting into the shower there was just no room. Anyone over a size 14 would not get into the toilet. It just did not warrant the extra supplement as 1) the room only had a single bed so was not depriving another guest of a bed 2) I only ate for one person and 3) the room was tucked into a corner of the Hotel so I cannot understand what the extra charge was for ?

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
Marine Hotel
#2 of 17 in Paignton
The Imperial Torquay
The Imperial Torquay
#22 of 85 in Torquay

Been to Hotel De La Mer? Share your experiences!