“Plentiful food with good service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Yum Sing
Ranked #70 of 332 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Torquay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Plentiful food with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We met with friends and were greeted on arrival before being offered drinks in the bar. Very quickly shown to our table in one of the booths where we were served promptly. We ordered satay chicken skewers to start which were quite hot! My friend ordered the garlic mushrooms which I secretly coveted. Once I tried them I wished I had ordered them - they were delicious and I will return if only for them!!! Our mains were very tasty and good sized portions and with the sides, which were enormous, there was plenty for all - we even had the leftovers boxed to take home. I would say that the desserts were very uninspiring but you don't normally have anything spectacular in a Chinese for pudding so I wasn't surprised and couldn't have eaten anything anyway. We had jasmine tea to finish and were offered fortune cookies. Service was fast and attentive without being intrusive. Would definitely go again.

• Visited July 2014

Salcombe, United Kingdom
“Excellent.... Bon Appetit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

So happy to of been told about this restaurant. We live in Salcombe and took a trip to Torquay to dine at the Yum Sing. We were happy to get a choice of either Buffet or A la carte at the table and there were no issues with people choosing one or the other at the same table. I enjoyed to Tofu and vegetable dish, my husband had the fillet of beef in black bean sauce. Our friends tried the buffet and were not disappointed with the good selection and amazing quality you rarely find at the larger Chinese buffet restaurants. Will definitely take a trip to the Yum Sing again!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“all you can eat buffet, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We looked this restaurant up on tripadvisor whilst in Torquay. We had all you can eat buffet.
Usually at these buffets the food is mediocre, but this Chinese food was amazing.
The vegetable were fresh and crunchy.
All the dishes tasted freshly cooked and lots of ingredients in all.
My only moan would be the prawn toasts were a bit hard as they were being kept warm, but in saying that they tasted nice but a bit crunchy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“First time there average!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely welcome, lovely restaurant we ordered our meals and waited over an hour for our pancake rolls and soup. Then quite a while for a main. Nice food but had to wait too long for it :/

5 Thank Amber F
Bilston, United Kingdom
“Nice chinese food not so nice price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The food is decent enough service was excellent but in my opinion very pricey for what it was. Good selection of food only from the menu the buffet doesn't have much choice to avoid that.

3 Thank Matthew S