“Friendly staff - nice burger!”

Pier Point Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #25 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff - nice burger!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

On a very windy day - we found the outside area (surrounded by glass) a welcome break from the weather.

Served by friendly staff, I enjoyed a very nice burger and fries. All very pleasant.

Don't forget, dining alfresco, you'll need to pay for your drinks and food when you receive them.

1 Thank Sean C

• Polish first
London
“nice place and view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

A nice place for a bite to eat with a good view.

Food was quite good and service excellent. You can sit on the prom or behind glass if it windy - a good start to the holiday

Ashford, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited this place a few times during our stay in Torquay.
The first time we just popped in for a drink as the weather was so hot. It was very busy but, we were served pretty quickly. We did have to pay straight away though, which was strange but otherwise it was nice. There was a lovely view of the sea.
The second time, we went for a meal in the evening. We didn't arrive until around 21:20 and they said their kitchen was closing at 21:30. We decided to have the seafood platter for 2. I wasn't sure this was going to be very good, so didn't have high hopes. The dish should have included mussels but, they said they'd ran out and would we like fish cakes or king prawns. We chose prawns. Anyway, the food arrived pretty quickly and
I was pleasantly surprised. There were 2 large fillets of salmon, one large fillet of monk fish (which we shared) 2 piles of prawns and 2 fish cakes. Chips were on the side, plus a side salad. That dish was £29:95. We really enjoyed it and thought it was great value.
The third time we visited was during the afternoon. I wanted to have a cream tea before we left. So sat outside in the sunshine and ordered our cream tea. Asked if we could have coffee instead of tea though, and that was no problem. We 2 reasonably sized scones each, clotted cream and strawberry jam, plus coffee. Very nice. The only problem was the wasps, which were extremely annoying to say the least. Apart from that, we enjoyed it.

1 Thank myhotSole
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Food, Beautiful Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This lovely restaurant is right on the front so you get a beautiful view of the sea and sunset. All the staff here were very attentive and helpful. It has easily become one of my favourite restaurants. Just a shame it's 200+ miles from our home.

We were in Torquay for just a few days for my husbands birthday. We had taken the dog with us too so we were always looking for dog friendly dinning. Honestly. There was no real stress with this. Everywhere in Torquay is dog friendly.

We chose Pier Point as his birthday celebration meal after a quick glance at the menu the previous night when just having drinks there. They have an outside area, a half in half out area and a main inside area (dogs are not allowed in the inside area). Being dog free that night (the B&B lady was sitting for us) we decided on inside as it was a little more restaurant like and we were celebrating after all.

We were shown our seats and offered drinks while choosing our food. Coming from a small Cheshire town we found that the drinks here were quite expensive at nearly £10 for a large wine and a pint of larger - this seamed to be the price everywhere though so not a reflection on Pier Point.

My husband chose a fish cake to start and I initially chose king prawns, however they had run out and thankfully they had because I then chose the Pork Belly slice with Black Pudding and oh my god is all I need say about that. It was DELICIOUS and by far the BEST starter I have EATEN eaten. The fish cake was just as nice but mine was better much to hubby's annoyance haha (we did share though, I wasn't that mean).

For main we chose Mushroom Linguine and a Chilli topped pizza. You could add a chicken breast to the pasta for just a few pounds more but you really didn't need it because the pasta was of a good size already. The pasta again was delicious and I almost ate every last piece (not a criticism at all but the portion size was a little too much for me). The pizza was also of a big size and although we couldn't finish the pizza we were able to take it away with us.

We both had 2 drinks, a starter and main each and the evening came to around £55 which we thought was very reasonable considering around £20 of that was on drinks.

If this restaurant wasn't too far away for us we would definitely be making regular visits here. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Definitely try if/when in the area. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Claire S
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“lovely fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

had an impromptu meal there saturday evening. sat outside as was a nice evening. very attentive staff, who were very friendly. I had the steak burger which was lovely and my husband had the fish in beer batter. Both meals were lovely although i secretly wished i had ordered the fish too! You are it seems expected to pay the bill before you actually eat. It was not cheap but i felt the food was worth it. Would return. I think the staff should wear matching shirts or uniform. they were nice people but some attire let the place down a little. The image would much better.

• Visited August 2014