“A lovely welcome, beautiful room and fantastic breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ashleigh House

Ashleigh House
Ranked #52 of 153 Torquay B&B and Inns
Yeovil
“A lovely welcome, beautiful room and fantastic breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

We were invited to a family wedding and decided to stay in bed and breakfast for the night to save us travelling back. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - the room was beautiful and the kids loved the bunk beds! The landlady was very friendly and made us feel welcome and we felt we could come and go as we pleased. We really enjoyed the breakfast the following morning - there was plenty of choice and the children even tried food that they hadn't eaten before.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Okehampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Enjoyed a nice weekend, excellent host, breakfast very good, room clean and tidy, would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 nights at Ashleigh House. The room was very spacious and had everything I needed. Dawn is very friendly and very helpful. I recommend Ashleigh House to anybody visiting Torquay.

Jacqueline, London, UK

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
BRADFORD-ON-AVON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

Had a superb time - exquisite food, fabulous dog and superb owners.
Many thanks indeed

Dr Rob Willmott

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Derby
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

I booked a one night stay at the Ashleigh House Bed and Breakfast on 4/11/2009 for 3/4/2010. I booked early as I knew it could be busy at Easter in Torquay and we are going to a wedding nearby. I also want to take my dogs and I know places accepting dogs are in short supply. I booked via Email and as agreed, sent a cheque for the full amount (£70) to the owner. The cheque was cashed and I then received a confirmation via Email. I understood this to be a legal contract.
On 23/01/2010), I received a letter from the owner, cancelling my booking and sending a cheque for £70. She said that she hadn't realised it was Easter and I would need to book at least 2 night's accommodation. There was no mention on her website about booking a minimum number of days at Easter nor in the correspondance I had via Email. Whilst I sympathise with her mistake, it then cost me a lot more money. I searched to find nearby accommodation but everywhere was then full. My only option was to stay further away and use a taxi (this also meant putting my dogs into kennels).
I felt totally let down.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon B
Dawnsmale, Owner at Ashleigh House, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Yes, this was a very unsatisfactory outcome. I had accepted a one night booking for two rooms without realising that it was the Easter Holiday. I did telephone this lady and and offer to accept a two night booking which i felt would help us both, but the lady declined. During our conversation this lady said that she was surprised I accepted a one night booking but did not query it.I feel very badly about putting the family to such inconvenience and I can assure everyone that this was a unique situation and I will ensure it is never repeated