“A good visit for fans”

Agatha Christie Mile
Ranked #24 of 62 things to do in Torquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover more about this popular and intriguing writer by following this one-mile trail that leads to places she knew and loved: along the busy harbor and stretching along the palm-lined seafront and promenades.
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a worthwhile visit to her summer home. A lovely setting with many options on how to get there. Good for national trust members too.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

If you want to walk along the Agatha Christie mile, you should do your homework first so you know what to look for.

We only realised that we've visited it after going through the whole mile as it is not signposted or highlighted in any way (except for the obvious ones such as the Prince's theatre)

1  Thank Shanake
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We took the bus from Torquay to Greenway. The bus ride was £11 per person. The bus was an old 1940s bus, and was very neat to ride in. When my husband and I went, there was a Hen party of girls dressed in 1920s flapper garb, having a good ol' time. It added a bit to the experience. The driver was amusing, and informative. You can get to the house via train and boat as well. I am unsure of the fees for those.
Arrival at Greenway, you pay the National Trust fee to get in. I loved the grounds, as they have been kept very nicely! The history behind the grounds, from WWII and Roman era, really gives the love of history and British history lovers something to enjoy. The views from the grounds are spectacular! There are volunteers all around to give you further information about certain things, especially around the house.
If you love Agatha Christie, or enjoy a bit of British history, especially WWII era, this is a great place. This is also a great place if you enjoy the nature and gardens as well. I would definitely go back. Definitely be prepared for a bit of walking and trekking around the grounds, as it is hilly and can be muddy.

2  Thank lnxjenn
Reviewed 29 March 2013

It might have been my mistake but I read on line this was a mile walk that included solving clues along the way based on Agatha Christie. However it was just a walk that was hard to follow on the map provided and information on her books. Could be interesting for some but a let down for me as I expected more.

3  Thank lisa24601
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We got the bus in Torquay and the driver was very amusing. The bus took us to the house which is fascinating as it has all the contents of the time when Agatha Christie used it as her holiday home. Well worth a visit. Next was the boat trip to Dartmouth and then back to Torquay via the steam train. A good day out.

3  Thank rm1956