“Revisit to a Hotel we have stayed at many times previously”
Review of TLH Toorak Hotel

TLH Toorak Hotel
Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was our tenth stay at this hotel and as usual the welcome and staff service was very good indeed. One complaint however. We were booked on a dinner B & B basis and very disappointed to find supplimentary charges for about half of the dishes on the dinner menu and standard vegetables, potatoes, etc, charged for extra.
This is a new departure from the norm and, if carried on, will put us off from staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Great value for money - service was fantastic especially at meal times (The young Spanish waitress from Barcelona was most attentative and friendly- no Fawlty Towers moments here!).

Only drawback was the 3.30 a.m alarm call-out, could have had more staff on hand to assist confused guests at the exits!! - but at least the alarms work!! But fair play we had a letter of apology the next day to say that an alarm had been set off in a guest's room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
nrbeck, General Manager at TLH Toorak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Thank you for your post. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry that you had a disturbed night which was very unfortunate but we do have everyones safety in mind, I have taken note of your comment
We hope to see you back soon, thank you

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Highly recommended to all my friends & family & colleagues. Great place & scenery, accesible to all. Good customer service. Really pleased with food & drinks. My kids have fun in the swimming pool , same as my friends.

• Stayed: September 2012

Great to see your family had a good time with us, we really appreciate your recommendations and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at the Tooak and found helpful staff all over the hotels. When we asked for a room near a lift for elderly parents with mobility problems, we were upgraded to ground floor rooms which were very spacious and very well furnished. The bedding and rooms were spotless and tea and coffee facilities well stocked. The restaurant served good food and excellent breakfast.
My parents enjoyed the entertainment.
Very good value for money and we will return.
My niece recommended the TLH as they have just stayed with young children and had a fabulous time.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie P

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I was pleased to see your family had a good time with us and I have shared your comments with the team here. Thanks to your niece also for the reccomend!
Hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I loved this majestic grand building on a small road, away from the maddening crowd of the English Riviera.

It is just across the botanical garden of the Tor Abbey which is heartwarming.
One can walk through this Abbey to the sea-front.

I loved the high ceilings and the old style furniture. There is an excellent buffet breakfast to satisfy every taste buds. The staff is polite and very helpful. I was especially impressed by the Polish receptionist who is welcoming and full of enthusiasm.

In the hotel, there is enough place for parking. It is ideal for small families.

The restaurant offers a variety of cultural programme. There was a murder mystery dinner based on Agatha Christie's books during one evening when I was there.

The hotel is on a bit expensive side but it is worth it. I am sure that one can find good deals to stay in this hotel through hotel discount websites.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and I could smell fresh air.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your post and review of your stay with us. Its good to see you enjoyed your visit and I have passed on your kind comments to the staff
I do hope you will consider a return trip

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We have travelled widely over many years, across many differing standards of accommodation, and were impressed with the sheer value for money for our club package which completely blew away our previous misgivings!. Our room was clean and tidy and could possibly attract an update post-recession. All staff were excellent, the food for the price was outstanding and could be upgraded if required. There was something available for all tastes and this makes it very good for groups with diverse backgrounds. The location was nicely central. We were most pleasantly surprised and would return again with a group of friends. I would probably upgrade to a room with a view or balcony although this is not an absolute requirement. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: I would choose a higher floor with a sea view although you probably do not spend a lot of time in yo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit. It's good to see your bowls club had a good stay and thank you for all the positive comments. I am pleased that you would plan a return visit with friends and we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Have stayed at Toorak & derwent hotels as part of thl on many occasions. Rooms at the toorak & derwent are a little tiered but service & food is ace! Would defo return again & again. Loads for kids to do. Great all round hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review. Great to see you had a good family holiday with us. We are currently upgrading our weaker rooms so I hope you will see the difference next time!