“Lovely weekend break away...”
Review of TLH Toorak Hotel

TLH Toorak Hotel
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
“Lovely weekend break away...”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I have just returned from a weekend away at The Toorak hotel. We had a fantastic time.. Staff were lovely, the bedroom was nice, clean and very comfortable, the spa was stunning and the food was very good. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013
Nigel B, General Manager at TLH Toorak Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments, it does sound like a lovely weekend thank you!
Glad you had a good time come back and see us soon!

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Crewe
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were really impressed with the service we received at the Toorak hotel. Our room was clean and spacious and also quiet. The staff were helpful and efficient especially the restaurant staff and the meals were delicious. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the gardens and my husband enjoyed the outdoor and indoor swimming pool of a neighbouring hotel in the group. We caught the bus to neighbouring towns and villages and the ferry to get back or we walked back. The only thing that we might complain about is the fact that the parasols at the outdoor pool were mostly broken and looked shabby. Otherwise it was a wonderful break. Well done, the Toorak Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the very nice comments sounds like you had a good time exploring South Devon I have passed your comments on to the team here, hope to see you soon!

Walsall
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Visited on 19 August for four nights with my mother, daughter and four grandchildren. Have been many times before and was not disappointed. We had the two adjoining terrace rooms which allowed the younger children to move from one to the other. Ruth on reception went out of her way to help us and arranged for someone to help get the luggage from the roof box of the car. As I had requested we had a car space reserved for us when we arrived due to my mother being disabled. I had stated that I had lactose intollerance at the time of booking and when we went into the restaurant I was greeted with a special menu to take this into account and this happened each evening. I felt the staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs. The children had a wonderful time (as always) and this makes it more enjoyable for us all. I think my husband and my daughters husband, although both at work, enjoyed the peace and quiet whilst we were away. So overall once again thank you to the Toorak for another lovely holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the review. Good to see you back and enjoying another holiday with us thank you.
We appreciate your business.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Toorak - first visit since I was a child. Was not disappointed. Stayed in a lovely terrace room which was perfect with young children and had access to peaceful well-kept garden. Most of the time though was spent in the more lively spa and kids play room - perfect. The staff were all very welcoming, friendly and helpful which helped make the holiday - and the nightlife was great. Only improvement I would suggest would be some more childrens' activities that did not require adult supervision. We all loved our time there and can't wait to return.

Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I managed to secure the last two single rooms in the Toorak 27th to 30th August for myself and my daughter and because of this and some of the reviews I had read I was expecting the worst. However our rooms were a good standard and did not appear to be dated or in need of updating or repair I appreciate some of the corridors on the way to our rooms could benefit from some TLC but there again unless you have had an exceptional night you don't tend to sleep in the corridors. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful, I benefitted twice from service over and above what could be expected. The spa facilities were excellent with my only criticism being the outside pool which looked shabby in comparison. We did not use the bars or night time activities in the rest of the resort except for a last drink in Alberts bar which was reasonably priced in comparison with the rest of Torquay. For the price I paid I feel I have very good value for money and would certainly return.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

hi just come back from this hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms could do with a bit of up dating but, to be fair you only wash and sleep in them so there is nothing too offensive. The restaurant food is excellent. The only thing that I would suggest is that there are more activities for the children that do not require adult supervision. It would be lovely to have an hour or, so during the day to relax without the children but, other than that, we have had a fantastic time

London
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with 2 kids. Rooms were clean but very dated. Service was very good. Staff were polite and helpful. Best part was the indoor pool and spa! This made it worthwhile. Nice for few days but would need better rooms for this price.

• Stayed August 2013