“Good all round Break with the exception of getting from Toorak to facilities.Had to go outside on mobility scooter”
Review of TLH Toorak Hotel

and 1 more site!
TLH Toorak Hotel
Ranked #34 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Had to go outside on mobility scooter to get to bowling green and use the fire exit doors to get into games arena again on mobility scooter outside. The dining area had rampsto first floor dining area but our group were on the next level which caused a problem because I had to obtain help to negotiate the steps.If little small angles could be put on the door floor edges from the Toorak leading outside to the entrance to the walkway to the bowls arena and also the step down on both sides of the road. Maybe there might be room to incorporate a ramp down one side of the steps in the walkway to the bowls area and the Toorak and then the need to go outside to bowl would not arise but would still leave the games arena with he need to go outside and through the fire doors. I must admit it was a very good break and could not fault the service or accommodation but did find it difficult to get to the facilities. The only way was by going outside in my mobility scooter. Having to pay for the snooker tables is a little OTT. It is the only game I could play by holding on to the table. I would have thought that at least this should be included in the price you charged.
Yours Sincerely
Mr R T Jones

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2011

leisure facilities were superb as was the food,the evening meals were exceptional and value for money.The rooms however were a bit dated and a little worse for wear but reasonably clean.The reception staff were superb and very keen to help.We have stayed before and will most certainly stay again but this time avoiding "Big Band Weekend"

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I came for the conference organized by Plymouth Diocese. I was especially grateful to the chef; on my second evening, as I am vegetarian, I looked for the veggie option on the menu and found it was Stuffed Peppers. I explained to the waitress that I am allergic to peppers. The chef kindly cooked me a delicious stir-fry with no peppers in, and it arrived on the table at the same time as the other food. I was very grateful.
Also, I left a note by the wash-basin in my room to say that I could not turn the cold tap on, and by the afternoon it had been loosened. When the fire alarm went off in the evening a member of staff took us into the Sports Centre so we didn't have to wait in the cold and mad sure we were all ok. Thank you Staff!- you were very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I have been visiting the Toorak with the Lands End John o' Groats Association since 1998 and have yet to be dissapointed with anything. Our Association with the Toorak has gone from strength to strength since 1983, Nigel and Suzie Beck continue to reach heights of service that other hotels can only dream of. Our numbers vary from 65 to over 100 every year, many return year after year because of this magnificent hotel, I intend to book up for a summer week this year.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I am a regular to the Toorak, good value for money, comfortable rooms , bathrooms a little outdated but clean. Staff very helpful. Evening meal good value for money

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2011

The Toorak is part of a complex with shared amenities, these are generally very good. We stayed over the Christmas holiday and the hotel appeared to be full but the service was excellent. The only let down was the poor heating in the room (room 101) and non-existant heating in the bathroom, the hotels remedy was to put an electric heater in our room. On our last day when most other guests had checked outand presumably the heating in their rooms was turned down we noticed quite a difference. This has not put us off considering the Toorak again fr the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2011

This was the first time that we spent Xmas in an Hotel and it was great, good food, very relaxing with plenty to do if you wished to join in. We are thinking of returning next year. The only negative comment I would make is that the Dining room was uncomfortable as it was cold due the air con!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family