“A lovely night out thank you”
Review of Mirch Masala

Mirch Masala
Ranked #142 of 352 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The food was very good and the chardonnay was particularly nice. The staff were pleasant and attentive. The plates were hot and we finished off all the dishes which says how much we enjoyed it. The complimentary drink was a nice surprise. I would recommend this place and will definitely go again.

1  Thank Tracy J

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We booked to go new years eve, tried to get in the Himalayan,but they were full.We arrived on time,but took over an hour to get our starter,My partner was not happy.Clearly they didn't have enough staff to accommodate the amount of people,several complained.The other problem was they were cooking for people collecting takeaways,which seemed to get priority before the people who were sat down .After 2 hours I was glad to go home.The food was ok,although fairly cold.as was the restaurant,had to keep putting my coat on.

3  Thank carkne
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Following our filming of a "Strictly" type dance show my wife & I decided to treat ourselves to an Indian meal in our favourite Indian Restaurant in Torbay! As usual the service was attentive & what we have come to expect. The meal itself was very good including the complimentary "After 8`s" plus a liquer. This is the place to have an Indian meal in Torbay!

1  Thank BarryH132
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Some friends and I arrived at this restaurant fairly late in the evening, but were warmly welcomed by all the staff. I'm really glad we found this place - the menu is fairly extensive, with lots of more unusual choices, as well as your classic "Indian" dishes. And prices are very reasonable. All our choices were really well cooked and we had a great meal. I'd definitely come back.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

After initially going to the Himalaya (where my friend often goes) just down the street and realising it was closed we ended up at the Mirch Masala! Glad we did because I had one of the best Indian meals ever!

So tasty from start to finish! Poppadoms were good with a selection of 5 tasty dips. I had one of the House specials for main with special fried rice - Lamb Tikka Karahi with garlic n ginger on recommendation from the waiter. It was superb, plenty of lamb chunks, flavoursome sauce and garlic naan to compliment it all! My only concern was that I enjoyed it so much that I didnt manage to save any for following day lunch and at time of writing this its nearly lunchtime next day and im gutted! haha.

My friend had the Chicken Dhansak, I'm not one for too hot a dishes but tried this and it was also yummy with a nice kick. My friend really enjoyed his too. We finished the evening off with one of the nicest creamiest Bailey's coffee ever-you got to try it! For all that we had the bill was very reasonable, including a 3 beers, it came to about 45 pounds.

Staff were friendly and helpful especially when deciding what to have...... much easier to discuss with them compared to when i was at the Eastern Eye a couple weeks ago!!! Usual complimentary drinks went down well after too! Left very happy and fulfilled, will be going back very soon!