“From Acorns Oaks grow!”

Bristol, United Kingdom
“From Acorns Oaks grow!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Excellent. Warm. Welcoming.

Me, missus and my 3 girls was treated very well at Pat and Paulines, from homemade cakes on arrival to the fresh coffee every morning. Everything was spot on. We were allowed to park the car ealier and go exploring, which when we traveled for 2 hours with kids was a treat in its self!

The room we had was family sized and although we were all in together the girs beds where tucked away around the corner so it seemed as though we were child-less which again was a welcomed treat....

The breakfast wasn't vast but enough for us and there was always the offer off more toast. The homemade jam and marmalade was another treat.

If this was on 4 in a bed I'm sure it'll be a good contender, the room was spot-less, the hosts were smiley and happy to help, the breakfasts were spot on, the price was reasonable and to be honest we have stayed in more expensive rooms but have not had as good a service.

Would recommend this little B&B to anyone but especially families.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Worcestershire
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have just returned from a family get together at the Acorn Lodge, we were made very welcome and everything was spotlessly clean, we had coffee and cake on arrival which was a lovely treat after several hours of travelling. The rooms were a good size - we had a family room, which was two separate rooms - ideal with two teenagers, the beds were very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble, breakfast was delicious, the service was excellent. Would definitely recommend staying here, definitely excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed in june 2012 and cant praise it enough. our room was spotless and very comfortable with everything we needed the breakfast was excellent and the owners where very helpful nothing was too much trouble I would recoommend this hotel to everyone and we would go again.

Room Tip: all rooms were excellent
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Pauline and Pat, thank you for making our first wedding anniversary and first visit to Torquay enjoyable, we stayed in a clean, comfortable and spacious room which more than suited our needs! The breakfast was excellent too, as well as the service.

We would defiantly stay here again and would like to thank Pauline and Pat for being such lovely hosts and very welcoming, hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We have just arrived home from the Acorn Lodge. We had a very pleasent stay. Very central location, close to town and the seafront. We had a family room, very good size. You had everything you needed, very clean and breakfast was fab. We will definitely be returning. Thanks

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gleed14
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed at Acorn Lodge from Sunday 19th Aug-Wed 22nd Aug and what a lovely place it is a real gem! Pauline is a lovely lady and we were shown to our room and it was very spacious even for a family of five, couldn`t have been more pleased it was clean and just perfect. Pauline made us a tray of hot drinks and homemade cakes on our arrival, our children loved it here and we`re planning our next trip down to Torquay(already a family favourite) for next year. Will definitely stay again! The breakfasts were freshly cooked to order also a choice of cereals, fruit juice,toast and even a vegetarian cooked breakfast! My children want me say they loved it! The room was cleaned everyday and the bathroom was lovely, clean and bright.A great place to stay!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fiona J
bnbtorquay, Owner at Acorn Lodge Hotel -- Torquay, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post this lovely review, we look forward to seeing you all again next time you're in Torquay. Pauline
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have just arrived home from my one night stay at The Acorn Lodge in Torquay and thought I would write a review of my stay.

I travelled down to Torquay by train from North Wales yesterday, it took me 7 hours and arrived around 7pm. It took me 10minutes to walk from Torquay train station and when I arrived, exhausted from my journey, I was greeted by Pauline who was very welcoming and friendly, she even brought me a pot of tea and a cake to my room :)

I stayed in The Acorn Lodge's only single room. I had looked at the photo of the room online before my trip and when I arrived the room was exactly as I expected it to be, it was fresh, clean and uncluttered. The single bed was very comfortable, there was a single wardrobe perfect for storing my things, a tv, hospitality tray, alarm clock and chair... Everything I needed for a comfortable stay! My room had an ensuite which again was lovely and clean with fresh towels and complimentary toiletries and most importantly the shower was lovely and hot this morning!

I slept really well and was ready for a good breakfast this morning which is exactly what I got. 100% pure orange juice with a caffe tier of fresh coffee followed by a full English cooked to order, it was lovely!

The reason I visited Torquay was for a funeral, it was hard to make the 7 hour journey there to attend then to travel back all within 24hours but Pauline at The Acorn Lodge made my trip more pleasurable and when I visit Torquay in the future for happier reasons I will be staying at The Acorn Lodge again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank TerrieJones
Thank you for this wonderful review, it was a pleasure to meet you and hope next time you're in Torquay it's for a more pleasurable event. Pauline