“"FANTASTIC HOLIDAY"”

Ranked #58 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
Stafford, United Kingdom
“"FANTASTIC HOLIDAY"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

My partner and I just stayed four nights at Corbyn Head Hotel and would like to say what a wonderful time we had. We booked this hotel at the last minute and if the room was available would have stayed a further two nights. The sea view was perfect, overlooking the bay and it was well situated next to its sister’s hotels, where their amenities could also be enjoyed too. It’s within easy reach of the funfair and shops, and during our stay the ‘wheel’ was a great attraction.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. It was cleaned to a high standard each morning. A fan was requested, and it was there upon arrival. The receptionist greeted us with a smile and offered help with our luggage, nothing was too much trouble.
The evening meal was exceptional, a great choice and cooked to the highest standard, you will not be disappointed. The restaurant staff were polite, helpful and smart. A big thanks to Josh, for looking after us, you helped make our mealtimes just perfect!!!
Breakfast was a good start to the day, a great choice of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts and juice. A full English breakfast or a vegetarian breakfast in my case was filling and very tasty.
We enjoyed every minute of our stay at this lovely hotel, and would like to thank all the staff who helped make it a memorable occasion. Also thank you to Mr Anthony Rew for his personal attention, this just put the finishing touch to our lovely holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharon f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Just had a fantastic experience at this hotel. My children loved it, we were there for 4 nights and the staff were helpful, breakfast was fantastic and it was great value for money and we will return there. We had a sea view room and the services were excellent.

2 Thank Abdul S
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Travelling with my step mother with dementia was never going to be easy however the staff at the Corbyn Hotel could not have been more helpful or empathetic. The service was excellent the manager was dutiful at all times and this attitude was reflected in ALL of the staff. The young waiters and waitresses were delightful and the food was fantastic with a varied menu everyday. When we arrived I was not too sure as it is a tad dated in places but now I am a fan of this friendly hotel many thanks to all at the Corbyn Sarah F

Room Tip: if you need a lift there isn't one
2 Thank Sarah F
Dudley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

From the moment we arrived we were made extremely welcome by the reception staff. We were allocated two exceptionally good rooms with balconies with sea views where you could sit and overlook the bay. The resturant staff were very courteous and polite nothing was too much trouble for them you only had to ask and they would attend to it immediately. The food was superb from a very creative chef, the choice on the menu should be enough to please everyone (Happy BIrthday Josh). Having spent the last seven days here would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone and hope to return again. Congratulations Antony and staff on a well run establishment.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view if at all possible.
3 Thank Ann W
Hampshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I booked a late get away for the two of us as another trip had to be cancelled so I quickly booked this hotel as it was my wife's 6oth birthday. Asked to pay before seeing the room, which I refused to do - saw the room and if it had not been my wife's birthday I would not have stayed. Room very shabby, TV did not work properly, Hinge loose on the veranda door, chips in the bath enamel, toilet seat loose and really cheap and the shower was next to useless - this hotel is very tired if not actually asleep. The only reason for a two star rating was the food which was not too bad and the people were friendly.

The two nights cost me the best part of £450 which is way over the top.

If British hotels continue like this they will not survive I'm sorry to say. just to compare we are going on a weeks break to a 4 star hotel in Minorca is early September only £670 half board and all flights!!! - say no more

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Bill B
DARWEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed at Corbyn Head Hotel at the end of July and the beginning of August. Having read the odd one or two adverse reports regarding this hotel it made me wonder if they were staying at the same Corbyn Head as I was.The food was excellent as was the service. The Bedrooms spacious and kept beautifully clean (although I accede all rooms wouldn't be as big as the one my husband and I stayed in.) The restaurant had plenty of waiters who attended to your every need. The three receptionists were pleasant and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. All needs attended to with a smile. We shall be going again, (God willing) in fact we have already booked our holiday there for next year.There are two sister hotels The Livermead house and Livermead Cliff and guests from each of the three hotels can go to the entertainment in any of them. When we were there the entertainment was on two nights in each of the hotels.
NR. DARWEN

Room Tip: The front rooms nearest to the harbour have the best views from the bedroom windows
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Norma R
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

my family and i stayed from 22/07/2012 to 29/07/2012. we had just found out about my sons allergies, the chef worked wonders and produced food out of this world for my son. the staff were also very helpful and courteous at all times.we had a sea veiw that looked over the bay. the weather was gorgeous. the rooms were cleaned and made up every morning.we did not need to use our car during the stay. we used the local bus service either into paington or into torquay which runs every 15 mins from outside the hotel.overall the stay was brilliant.could not ask for more. a relaxing family holiday.
the only fault we had with the holiday, was that it was to short. should have booked for 2 weeks.
saving up to go again in 2013 for 2 weeks this time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family