“Like living in a "BUS STATION"”
Review of Corbyn Head Hotel

Corbyn Head Hotel
Ranked #57 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

This is a very disgusting hotel with very bad service. Please don't get impressed that they are on the beach as they are not...! There is a very loud and busy main road between the hotel and the sea. They have very small swimming pool that's not available to swim most of the year. Very cold water as I touched with my hands due to not being allowed to swim. Cheap hospital quality food. Rude reception. You can not choose which table you would like to eat, I mean like sea view or by the toilets etc. and there is no way of choosing as all the tables are numbered by the room number and you are stuck with the same table for breakfast, lunch or dinner with prison food they serve. The manager shouted at my husband when we kindly asked for sea wiev and offered to pay double when the restaurant was absulutalely empty. You don't get to see the sea easily anyway because there is a big busy road between this ugly hotel and the sea. I regret staying at this hotel and I regret my honeymoon because of them. Every morning we woke up with fire alarm testing or by buses & truck noises !

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank silviarossi

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I'm not a fan of the traditional sunday lunch with its rather plastic meat and desserts that had been prepared the night before but a group of friends were going here so I tagged along. I was very pleasantly surprised, my lamb was cooked to perfection and the whole meal was excellent. The staff was very attentive and my one minor grumble was at the common attempt to make the Eton mess not to look a mess. Less shaving cream and more meringue please. However I certainly look forward to going here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jim p
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My husband and I returned for a 4 night break from 21st to 24th March and received yet another wonderful welcome. We had a sea view room, wth a balcony. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The chairs on the balcony were equipped with comfortable cushions allowing us to sit outside, relax and enjoy the lovely views.
Traditional Breakfast Menu has a very good choice. Fresh fruit, meats and cheese were also available. Evening Dinner was once again superb with excellant choice all beautifully cooked and presented. (Our compliments to Chef and his Brigade) All the staff are very friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble. A special thank you to Mr Anthony Rew (for the delicious Dover Sole) and also to Angie in reception who is always so helpful. We would thoroughly recommend this lovely, friendly hotel and look forward to returning

2  Thank JoyceB187047
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We had a 7 day break last week in September, on arrival met by friendly staff and helped to our room with luggage. We had a sea view room with a balcony, room was spacious clean and comfortable. Our dinner was excellent as was all meals taken. Staff were all very friendly and helpful nothing too much trouble. Would recommend to our friends and we will return.

It would have been nice to have a modern flat screen television in our room the one we had was rather old.

Room Tip: would recommend a sea view room
2  Thank sheila s
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Me and a friend stopped here from Friday 30 August to Monday 3 September, we returned after stopping here the previous year.

As last year the rooms were clean and tidy, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was 5 star again, you could have a choice what items you wanted on the breakfast, and it didn't take long for it to arrive after it was ordered.

Will be stopping here again next year when we visit Torquay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roger C
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here during the week 27th August with our baby daughter. We stayed for 2 nights and have never felt so welcomed and looked after. The reception staff and waiters were absolutely brilliant. They were so helpful, especially with a demanding 11 month old! The room we stayed in was large enough for a a travel cot and we had a partial sea view room. We were so lucky to see a fireworks display and a red arrows display during our stay. The view from the hotel was spectacular. My wife and I will definitely stay here again.

Thank you for all the staff for such a memorable holiday to Torquay.

Regards

Mr, Mrs and Baby Mistry

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sundip M
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Gorgeous views from front of hotel, excellent food in restaurant, and only a 15 - 20 minute walk to waterfront Torquay area. The staff are all wonderful; nothing is too much trouble. The room we stayed in was at the back and was fairly dated, but very clean, and the friendly, helpful staff and fantastic food more than made up for it. Would definitely recommend dinner at the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
2  Thank Cath2807