Corbyn Head Hotel
US$182
US$177
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsorchid restaurantsea viewpetit fourssister hotellivermead clifffirst classhigh standardreception staffsecond to nonedining roomroom was largetorquay areaone night staybit datedmy mumshort breaksea front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We have had a wonderful holiday at this hotel .Exceptional cuisine ,welcoming staff,well appointed hotel facilities and a tranquil atmosphere.
Informal musical entertainment was provided on several occasions -and this was much appreciated. The room and restaurant service was second to none and nothing was too much trouble.( the weather wasexcellent too ! ) Expecting to go next year with a grandchild and her parents on our recommendation!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2009

As a solo traveller for the first time I was made to feel welcome and not out of place. Everyone was very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I would definately go back again on my own or with friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2009

from the moment we arrived, which was early, we had a warm welcome & offered our room immediately. a clean & smart accommodation with views towards the sea, we sat on the balcony. a good first impression. the service in the excellent resteurant was very good as was the food. all in all we would book again & recommend this establishment. thanks to all concerned.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juleoBath
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I cant praise the staff highly enough, from the enquiry, specialist booking requirements, support on arrival and throughout our stay all the staff were excellent and the food superb. Everyone went out of their way to ensure the needs of my frail mother in law were catered for - even down to a surprise birthday cake - she loved the attention. Cleanliness standards are very high and plenty hot water at all times. Prior to our visit friends advised that food and service were excellent but some of the furnishings were a little dated, the hotel is refurbishing different areas and many rooms have been modernised - ask if you want one. We travelled a long way and were not disappoitned - we will come back for one of their winter offers (Nov - Feb) but shush dont tell everyone or we wont get in. Excellent views of the bay.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I have once again just returned back from my summer holiday to the Corbyn Head in Torquay. My reason for choosing this hotel once again is that it is a very important part of the holiday to myself as i want my family to be comfortable and well looked after in the hotel.

This year was a different sort of holiday for us as I had my 11 year old and the latest addition to our family, our six week old daughter. At first I was apprehensive as to how we would cope in the hotel, but I didn't need to worry as Anthony and his staff met all our needs and more throughout our stay.

From the moment we arrived, as usual there was a warm welcome from Angie on reception, who throughout the week helped us out with any queries. I was able to leave our pram in reception all week and this was a great help.

We were once again impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the cleaning staff assisted us with clean cot sheets daily and extra sachets of hot chocolate, milk and tea. The rooms were as comfortable as ever and the children slept very well, our six week old even slept through on a couple of occasions!! We had room 26 and this has a fabulous sea view and view of Torquay from the balcony.

Our main concern was the dining at the hotel as we were unsure about how we would cope with our six week old. Once again the staff were only too happy to help, we took the pram into the dining room and the staff changed their seating plan to accomodate us. As usual the food was fabulous and most nights it was difficult to choose what to have, one night my boyfriend had two helpings of the main course as it was so delicious. I personally would recommend all the soups and the lemon tart!!!!! As usual our 11 year old could choose from either the adult or the child menu and she even requested her favourite red jelly and Anthony had it made especially for her the next day!

Nothing was too much for the staff, even when we felt we were being nuisances with our requests, we were reassured and made to feel very welcome. I felt like I was part of the Corbyn Head family.

We enjoyed lots of trips in the surrounding bay from days out to Paignton, boat trips and a ride on a steam train. My eldest daughter had lots of fun in the hotels outdoor swimming pool in the sunshine. Whatever the weather there is loads to do for both the young and old, families and young couples.

I have already booked the hotel for next year and I would recommend this to anyone, especially families as it is very child friendly. My only criticism is that I didnt stay longer!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family