“Wonderful!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Although we have were not able to get back to Memories, I just had to write something. I should have done this some time ago so apologies to Hazel and Gordon. My husband, Gordon and I had the most fantastic Anniversary meal at Memories, in fact we thought it the best food we had EVER tasted. Hazel is a wonderful host and puts you at your ease as soon as you enter the Restaurant. It is never too much trouble to advise you on what you may like depending on your personal taste. Gordon is a magician in the kitchen - what fantastic food which he made so special for our occasion. Sadly, my Gordon is no longer with us but I hope to revisit Memories very soon. As the name says, it will always have fond memories for me. Susan (and Gordon) x

gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Many thanks Susan for your very nice review, it is so kind of you to take the time to write such positive comments for our Bistro. Hazel and myself were saddened to hear of your loss and we both look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Ate here first time Friday eve, and definitely will not be last time! Excellent food and service warm and friendly restaurant, and Hazel makes you so welcome. The choice and standard of the food was nothing short of excellent, with subtle flavours and sauces and excellent value for money. Already planning to go back with friends, and will do so again and again, an absolute gem, no wonder its always fully booked!!

1  Thank allrrightchicken
gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your great review it is so kind of you to take the time to write such nice positive comments. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We visited Memories again last Saturday, I enjoyed the the freshest, biggest fillet of Turbot I have ever seen never mind eaten, it was cooked to perfection as was my husbands wild Sea Bass. The puddings that followed were to die for.

Many thanks Babbs891 for your very nice review, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us, It is so nice to get such good feedback.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Memories Bistro was recommended to us some time ago and after several false starts we eventually got there last week. We received a very warm welcome from Hazel. The restaurant is cosy with lots of interesting posters and signs, and quite a collection of blue and white meat plates. The menu was varied and the food wonderful. Hazel even told us how Gordon makes the amazing sauce served with the scallops! We had a great evening - fantastic value for money. Can't wait for our next visit.

gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Many thanks Rosaindevon for taking the time to write us a very complementary review, it is so nice for us to read such comments, we very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We dined here for the first time last weekend with another couple. Having read the reviews we were really looking forward to our evening. A warm welcome from the owner when we arrived on a very chilly evening, therefore the dining room wasn't very warm and there was an icy blast every time the door opened.
A very tempting menu and prompt service. Delicious food marred only by the cold plates which meant the food wasn't very hot and neither were the side dishes.
Sadly no decaf coffee, which by today's standards is slightly disappointing.

gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Many thanks Devon Shirley for taking the time to review us, thank you for commenting on how good the service and food was. We are sorry that you were not warm enough but the opposite is normally the case with customers asking Hazel to turn the heating down. I can't understand your comments on the cold plates & side dishes as they come out of a very hot warming cupboard and I can hardly handle them, let us know the next time you visit and I'll put them under the grill.