“Birthday Meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Well after living just across the road from this little place for approximately five years my mom and I decided upon recommendation to give it a try, We both had the Prawns in garlic starter....yum! ample finger licking portion....followed by Pork confit for me.......yum! my Mom had Sea Bass and wishes she had a small because portion was more than adequate, she says.....yum!, both had dessert, oh my goodness what shall I say, the Baileys, white chocolate parfait was scrumptious, and the coconut and vanilla slice was delicious, the service was lovely, friendly and attentive, the price very reasonable in my opinion, as I said to Hazel (front of house, owner) I personally would have liked a finger bowl but I'm not adding this as a negative just an observation and personal preference,

gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Many thanks JancyMonteiro for taking the time to post a very positive review, we were pleased to hear that you both enjoyed yourselves.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Well the steak I had was the best I have ever tasted and was cooked by Gordon exactly to my request. Hazel and Gordon continue to provide excellent and attentive service with a homely and friendly attitude. Total delight and We now understand the name of the bistro as it was truly memorable.
Thanks to you both, and see you again at the earliest opportunity.
Pete & Eileen (N)

1  Thank Pete N
gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Many thanks Pete N. for your very positive review, it is so nice for us to hear that our customers have enjoyed themselves we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was our second visit to this absolute gem and we visited here on Friday night with four of our friends, who were happy to go on our recomendation. Well none of us were disappointed and all enjoyed fabulous food from a variety of dishes with subtle flavours and sauces. All were beautifully prepared and presented once again. Hazel and Gordon we cannot sing your praises high enough, your attention to detail from the moment we arrived to us getting into the taxi at the end of the night was outstanding.
A toast to your continued success, as it so richly deserved and we can't wait to return for yet another fabulous night at Memories - Thank You !

Sue and Mike

2  Thank allrrightchicken
gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Many thanks Sue & Mike for your great review, it is so nice for us to get such nice comments from such discerning diners as yourselves, we are looking forward to your next excursion to Torquay for the football, good win last night.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We took my Father Roy to Memories for his 80th Birthday Celebration. What a Memorable evening we all had. The food Gordon served us was out of this world and Hazel could not do enough for our small party of five or for my Father. It was a perfect way to end our day. If we visit Torquay again this will be the first place we will visit for food.

1  Thank Beverley R
gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Many thanks Beverly R. for your very kind review, we were so glad to hear that you all enjoyed your special evening especially your father Roy, it is so nice for us when our customers take the time to write such nice reviews, look forward to Roy's next birthday.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked Memories Bistro months ago for our Valentines evening, and we are so glad we did as the place gets booked up quickly .... and for good reason, the food is exceptional!!

On entering, Hazel recognised up straight away and we had a lovely chat whilst we took our seats to browse the menu.

We shared a started of John Dory Fillets, and it was ample for us both to taste the sheer quality and freshness of the fish. Gordon the Chef is a mastermind at cooking fish just perfectly; so moist and flavoursome.

For our main course we had the chicken and also the Medallions of Veal, which were served which lovely potatoes and crisp and tasty fresh vegetables. The chicken was beautifully cooked with a fantastic source, and my veal was the best I've ever had, with a lovely sour cherry source .... both inspirational and very tasty.

We had just about managed to leave room for dessert .... the wife went for the ice-cream and I tested Gordon with the Bread and Butter Pudding. I won't tell mum that his is much better ... so delicate and light and just hit the spot.

We will be back once our little one is born and we have a babysitter sorted out, as the draw of Memories Bistro is strong.

Easily the best and most relaxed place in Torbay for a fantastic meal at great value. Well done Gordon and Hazel for doing what you do to such high standards.

1  Thank TheDevonDevil
gordonw21, Owner at Memories Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Many thanks DixieDevil for your very positive review, It is so nice of you to take the time to write such high praise of our food and Bistro. We are both looking forward to your next visit.