“Wonderful find”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Colindale Guest House
Ranked #73 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We had to come to Torquay for a family reunion and it was my task to find us somewhere to stay. Thanks to my research, we ended up at The Colindale. Its close proximity to Torquay Station, the beach and Torquay itself is terrific. The guys - Barry and Sven - running it were tremendously helpful - my older brother somehow got directed to the wrong train station and my sister in law had to go and find him! They also provide very very comfortable accommodation and one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time. My only gripe was/is with the shower which had no power at all and the shower door which got stuck! I would otherwise recommend it wholeheartedly!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TianoLondon_England
There are newer reviews for Colindale Guest House

Reviewed 24 May 2011

We stayed for one night at Colindale Hotel in May, sharing a comfortable and spacious first floor twin room (3) with ensuite shower, overlooking the pretty front garden and a small park beyond. Lots of cushions: lovely towels: plenty of high quality toiletries. No double glazing, so you can open the sash window and have fresh air available and as the road immediately outside is quiet, traffic noise is not a problem. Sven was a perfect maitre d': welcoming, unobtrusive and knowledgeable. Barry's breakfast menu has a wide selection and the food was of excellent quality . The sunny breakfast room with its blue and white china theme is lovely. The sitting room is extremely comfortable with beautiful furniture, books and paintings and very large TV: there is a small bar with pretty lounge area too. Yes, the cats are beautiful. The hotel is a fifteen minute stroll from the harbour through the Abbey grounds.

Room Tip: Room 3 is very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreenPetticoat
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I did have a wonderful stay at this lovely hotel. I was treated like a member of the family, and the food Barry cooked to me, was very tasting.I was really spoiled every day. Every day clean room, and towels. And I enjoyed my staying for 2 week's in may. I must say I haven't tryed so good service at any hotel before. So I give 10 stars for my stay.
Annette Edel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Annetteedel
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Regretfully we only stayed for one night and half a day, to enjoy the charm and hospitality of your delightful guest house. We slept on wonderfully comfortable beds in bedrooms which had every possible helpful touch for the visitor. Service was friendly, personal and very good, breakfast quite delicious!
Every available niche and corner held something of charm and interest.

Much thought and work has obviously gone into transforming this 3-story house into an equisite enclave of peace and charm.
We would love to return - but must wait for another "family reunion" in Torquay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank junedlewis
Reviewed 4 April 2011

First time that we have stayed here and we will certainly come again and would recommend it. Very comfortable and warm. A real full English breakfast in the morning, which set us up for the day! Thank you for your kind hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This is the second time that my husband and I have stayed at the Colindale and we can't recommend it enough. The location is ideal, within walking distance of the town centre and seafront, the rooms are clean and the owners, Sven and Barry, go that extra mile to make our stay as comfortable as possible with fresh milk in the room for teas and coffees, restaurant recommendations etc. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to all visitors to Torquay and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Spent two comfortable nights with all the facilities one could want. Slept better than at home and enjoyed the excellent breakfast, cooked to order. Even if it had rained the whole stay I could have been happy just resting at the Colindale and reading through their extensive library in comfort. The owner and his staff could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable. Those little extras - like tea and crumpets on arrival after a long and delayed train journey!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends