“Good B&B convenient for Torquay Station”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Colindale Guest House
Ranked #74 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good B&B convenient for Torquay Station”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is a perfectly acceptable B&B, with good attention to detail and excellent breakfasts.

Practicalities – three car parking spaces at the front, and further on street parking in the road the hotel is in. Three or four minutes level walk from Torquay Station, with the sea front a minute or so further on. Then you can walk along the sea front into central Torquay which takes another 10 minutes or so.

The B&B is in a terrace of substantial properties with a couple of other B&B’s in it. Quiet location with a sports field opposite. My room was quite small, but it was a single room so no complaints. Ensuite shower and toilet and there’s a communal bathroom as well. Fresh towels each day. Good attention to the little things in the room – extension leads where needed, jar of nice sweets, good supply of tea and coffee etc. Bed very soft. Breakfast was excellent. I had the corned beef/bacon mix on the second day and it was first class; one of the best breakfasts I’ve had. Regretted not having the kippers before I left.

Only issue I had was over payment. I had booked through booking.com. When I went down to pay on the last day I was told that they had used the credit card I used to reserve the booking to take payment; which they had done just after I arrived. Not encountered this before, and I’d been planning to pay in cash. Not a major problem for me but one to be aware of (they don’t tell you on arrival that’s the plan).

Tip – I bought a Devon Day Ranger ticket at the station which costs £10. That took me up to Barnstaple, then down to Exeter and Exmouth before returning. Absolute bargain.

Would I return ? Possibly – but there are plenty of B&B’s in Torquay and if you don’t need to be by the station try shopping around.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank g4shf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 14 June 2012

From the moment I arrived I was treated like royalty. The room and facilities were second to none. the attention from Barry and Sven, just delightful. It's home from home and the atmosphere so welcoming, I will recommend to all my friends and family and I have the utmost confidence that anyone who visits the Colindale will go back again and again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Nynäshamn
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I am sorry I didn´t know about this hotel/guest-house in beforehand. If I ever return to Torquey i will certainly stay here and have dinner at the hotel.

Room Tip: I guess there are no "bads" about this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have just returned from a short break at Colindale and it did not disappoint in any way. The facilities are excellent, a cosy room with all comforts. Barry and Sven's attention to detail is so very good and we were made to feel welcome form the moment we arrived. We have no hesitation in recommending 'Colindale'. The food was particularly good and to a high standard. We will with out doubt be returning the next time we come to Torbay.

THANKS Barry and SVEN keep up the good work !!!!!

Ray & Doreen

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at the Colindale Guest House on Saturday 10th March. We both found the place to be delightful in every way, clean, tidy and beautifully presented. Lovely room, comfy bed, good shower etc.
Barry and Sven were great, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was probably the best breakfast we have had for a very long time. We would highly recomend this Guest House any time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the top room which was superb but maybe a little small. Barry said to try and book ear...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 29 December 2011

When we first arrived at Colindale, after a long coach journey from London, we were warmly greeted by Barry and Sven with tea and a mince pie - this was a lovely start to a fantastic stay. The room was very comfortable and it was very hard to get out of bed in the morning! But, the breakfast was well worth getting up for - plenty of fruit, cereal, juices and the cooked breakfast was out of this world. We stayed in the Colindale over Christmas and had a stunning Christmas meal with Barry and Sven and some of the other guests - it made us feel right at home and the meal itself was outstanding. We definately recommend staying at the Colindale as we will definately be going back in May. What fantastic people Barry and Sven (and Thai (cat) and Cara (little dog) are! If anyone is heading to Torquay, this is the guest house to stay at.

Room Tip: Room 6 was lovely
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charlotte H
Braunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Delightful hotel, tastefully decorated with charm and homeliness. Excellent breakfast. Comfortable and clean room with shower ensuite. Well stocked bar. Short walk from Torquay Station and beach. A little further to town and the harbour.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends