“Colindale Guest House”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Colindale Guest House
Ranked #72 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 16 September 2012

stayed again for the 5 time and once again we were made very comfortable by Barry & Sven,the food is excellent the rooms very clean and tidy & the beds are very comfy cannot understand what Mike f309 is complaining about it could not have been the same Colindale that we stayed in cos barry and Sven could not have been more accomodating

Room Tip: if you want a good hotel to stay in book direct with Barry Greenwood the owner do not use Laterooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2012

stayed here about a month ago,the place is gorgeous and the breakfast is fab,the place is very welcoming and very near to the sea front,its quite quirky and has a gorgeous breakfast room,there was even a teddy on the bed it was like a home from home !!!oh and the beds were really comfy...would go again,thank u

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bristolgirly
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Booked over 2 weeks in advance with laterooms, who send email and fax. Turned up on the day to be told by the owner he had double booked dispite the 'vacancies' sign. Obviously didn't want to honour the one night we had booked. Absolutely no help.

Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Mikef309
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in september 2010. Barry & Sven make you feel very welcome. Lovely rooms and good food. Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is a perfectly acceptable B&B, with good attention to detail and excellent breakfasts.

Practicalities – three car parking spaces at the front, and further on street parking in the road the hotel is in. Three or four minutes level walk from Torquay Station, with the sea front a minute or so further on. Then you can walk along the sea front into central Torquay which takes another 10 minutes or so.

The B&B is in a terrace of substantial properties with a couple of other B&B’s in it. Quiet location with a sports field opposite. My room was quite small, but it was a single room so no complaints. Ensuite shower and toilet and there’s a communal bathroom as well. Fresh towels each day. Good attention to the little things in the room – extension leads where needed, jar of nice sweets, good supply of tea and coffee etc. Bed very soft. Breakfast was excellent. I had the corned beef/bacon mix on the second day and it was first class; one of the best breakfasts I’ve had. Regretted not having the kippers before I left.

Only issue I had was over payment. I had booked through booking.com. When I went down to pay on the last day I was told that they had used the credit card I used to reserve the booking to take payment; which they had done just after I arrived. Not encountered this before, and I’d been planning to pay in cash. Not a major problem for me but one to be aware of (they don’t tell you on arrival that’s the plan).

Tip – I bought a Devon Day Ranger ticket at the station which costs £10. That took me up to Barnstaple, then down to Exeter and Exmouth before returning. Absolute bargain.

Would I return ? Possibly – but there are plenty of B&B’s in Torquay and if you don’t need to be by the station try shopping around.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank g4shf
Reviewed 14 June 2012

From the moment I arrived I was treated like royalty. The room and facilities were second to none. the attention from Barry and Sven, just delightful. It's home from home and the atmosphere so welcoming, I will recommend to all my friends and family and I have the utmost confidence that anyone who visits the Colindale will go back again and again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I am sorry I didn´t know about this hotel/guest-house in beforehand. If I ever return to Torquey i will certainly stay here and have dinner at the hotel.

Room Tip: I guess there are no "bads" about this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple